Join for free
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 09:38 AM

What is the difference between faith and religion

For me personally faith is given by God,and Religion is man made.
do we have any believers here?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 09:59 AM

Re: What is the difference between faith and religion

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Each to their own. I don't think I will take you up on this as it is plainly obvious they are both interlinked - in other words one doesn't exist without the other and both are merely ideas.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Each to their own. I don't think I will take you up on this as it is plainly obvious they are both interlinked - in other words one doesn't exist without the other and both are merely ideas.

Absolutely each to their own!....and yes i agree they are both interlinked,
but what i dont understand is,..why would they be ideas?

edit to add,...these are my opinions, beliefs only.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 10:05 AM

I knew a girl once called Faith but never met one yet called religion.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 10:06 AM

I think Mark means that religion and faith (of the religious kind) are man-made ideas..........not basic truth and I agree with him.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 10:08 AM

Here is my take on it ...

What is Atheism?
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=27957

And within it my reply to Julie ...

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...895#post748895

If you can argue your way out of those 2 (with sensible answers) I'm willing to listen.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 10:17 AM

Really
I agree religion is man made but faith by definition is ''Complete trust or confidence in someone or something'' it can be a person like a husband,a politician , a dog a car even . Faith doesn't have to have anything to do with religion at all, it comes from within a person .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

23-11-2015, 10:18 AM

Well as you say each to their own,..MK,I'm not here to argue myself out of my faith,i have no need too,...for me personally faith is given by God,revealed to your spirit,a certain measure,something one can't explain to be honest,i guess that's why it's called faith,...religion to me is a story told from over thousands of years ago,...yet still it sticks today,and hasn't faded away,..we will never be able to prove that God "does"!!exist in my opinion, belief, ....nor can anyone prove he "doesn't '!! exist,.....
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

23-11-2015, 10:21 AM

Well as you say each to their own,..MK,I'm not here to argue myself out of my faith,i have no need too,...for me personally faith is given by God,revealed to your spirit,a certain measure,something one can't explain to be honest,i guess that's why it's called faith,...religion to me is a story told from over thousands of years ago,...yet still it sticks today,and hasn't faded away,..we will never be able to prove that God "does"!!exist in my opinion, belief, ....nor can anyone prove he "doesn't '!! exist,.....
Good for you. Stick with that line of thought however irrational it might appear to others.

No more from me. It would be too taxing to argue with you over this. A lost cause is a lost cause so I'm bailing out on this one.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

23-11-2015, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Really
I agree religion is man made but faith by definition is ''Complete trust or confidence in someone or something'' it can be a person like a husband, politician , a dog a car even . It doesn't have to have anything to do with religion.

Meg,i understand exactly what you are saying,...but for me faith in God is complete when you are at one with him,..and yes you can have faith and trust in humans,but sadly they can and do let you down,.....God never will,that's if you believe in him of course.

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top