Join for free
Page 2 of 30 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 10:22 AM

Re: What is the difference between faith and religion

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Really
I agree religion is man made but faith by definition is ''Complete trust or confidence in someone or something'' it can be a person like a husband,a politician , a dog a car even . Faith doesn't have to have anything to do with religion at all.

That is true, I agree.
You can have faith in any of those things you mentioned, but some have that same 'faith' in their God as well as everyday things.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Meg,i understand exactly what you are saying,...but for me faith in God is complete when you are at one with him,..and yes you can have faith and trust in humans,but sadly they can and do let you down,.....God never will,that's if you believe in him of course.
Well I have faith in my dog and my son, I don't believe in gods.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That is true, I agree.
You can have faith in any of those things you mentioned, but some have that same 'faith' in their God as well as everyday things.
I understand that Mups

Would I start a thread staying..

For me personally faith is given by my dog ,and Religion is man made. Do we have any believers here?

I think not you see I wouldn't expect anyone else to have faith in my dog, faith is something which each person decides about for themselves.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 10:32 AM

Faith is a deep seated belief/trust in someone/something that often cannot be described or explained to others. It just is.

Religion is a man made autocratic, often hypocritical, attempt to organize ones way of thinking and compel one to follow blindly where others lead.

I apologise in advance if this view offends - it is my opinion based on my own experience, both looking out from the constraints of Roman Catholicism and looking in from years of research into other religions.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 10:33 AM

Hi

Well, some people have faith in God, others do not.

Some people behave in an afterlife, others don't.

To me it is no big thing, live and let live.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 10:36 AM

Everyone is entitled to their say and i respect that,...i too dont believe in "gods"!!
Only one God for me, (Holy Spirit ),who is in heaven and watching from his realms,and must be heart broken at what he sees going on in the world,.....all brought on by man,...IMO of course!.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 10:44 AM

One of my Uncles was a Methodist chapel warden and also a peeping Tom-not sure what that says about religion or faith. Another Uncle was a Baptist minister,his `faith` would not allow him to take up arms so he worked on the land and took some abuse. He was also the only person I ever met who would confront my father and politely point out that so many stories might not quite be the truth. I admired that man.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

23-11-2015, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Everyone is entitled to their say and i respect that,...i too dont believe in "gods"!!
Only one God for me, (Holy Spirit ),who is in heaven and watching from his realms,and must be heart broken at what he sees going on in the world,.....all brought on by man,...IMO of course!.
Well he must be having a personality crisis at the moment then because each religion seems to be claiming him as their own and fighting over him.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 10:49 AM

Seems to me that the word or term 'Faith' was coined by the religious. You tell them it's hard to believe what they believe and their answer will be 'you just have to have faith'.
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 10:59 AM

I religiously brush my teeth three times a day. I have faith in my dentist's advice that this will protect my teeth and gums. I also have faith in God though often , like Archbishop Welby, I question my beliefs.

Page 2 of 30 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top