Join for free
Page 2 of 31 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 06:22 PM

Re: Syria conflict; how would you vote.

It is nothing like Iraq, done for all the wrong reasons, hardly a threat to Europe were they .............
Now we have a huge threat to contend with, so do we just let them go ahead and fulfil that threat - I think not
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 06:40 PM

We should keep out.

Crumbs ... if the West can't even get past bickering over Assad it bodes ill for what other hamhanded 'solutions' we could dream up.... and who should fill the void left by him.

Let the Middle East thrash it out.
I can see why we earn resentment for our interference .. which is why, as it were, we're now treading the dirt back to our own shores.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 06:44 PM

The whole point about conflicts these days has been proven from the 1914 - 1918 war.

Bombing the sh** out of your enemy does not actually mean that you have the upper hand - far from it.

The Germans withstood an appalling bombardment in the Battle of the Somme yet survived in sufficient numbers to kill 17,000 of our troops in the initial attack and God-knows how many in the days after.

ISIS / ISIL / Daesh are well dug-in - we know that.

How many innocent Syrians need to die to eradicate ISIS / ISIL / Daesh?

You cannot even begin to count the numbers!

We should have joined a coalition or whatever to destroy not only what later became ISIS / ISIL / Daesh AND Assad's forces.
As Hollande has said, how can we envisage bombing ISIS / ISIL / Daesh while the present regime, (Assad) remains in power?

Now I know Corbyn's a w****r but he does actually have a point - hidden away but legitimate - saying do we then support Assad or kill the B*****d?!

The US wants to kill him - no doubt about that.

Our Military agree - annihilate him; they hated his father as much as his fellow B'aathist, Saddam Hussein, particularly because he was from Tikrit, Ṣalāḥuddin Yūsuf ibn Ayyūb's birthplace; the arch-enemy of the ancient Crusaders.

This whole ISIS "thing" is based on "Crusader" enmity but ISIS does NOT represent, in any way, Islam or the ordinary Muslim, like my neighbours.

It represents the extremists hiding behind the cloak of respectability that Muslims extremists try to show to the World as the norm in Muslim society.

It's bollocks. stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 06:47 PM

I thought this was about bombing IS
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 07:19 PM

The great problem with bombing is that it's so indiscriminate. Are we really to believe that the only areas being bombed are stuffed full with IS and no civilians?

I think from Cameron's perspective he is just feeling alienated from the bombing fraternity, but the trouble is that every time you kill an innocent you fill their family with hatred for you, thereby just escalating the problem rather than solving it. Take a good look at Ireland, the hatred spans whole generations and will continue to do so, tit for tat ad infinitum.

For the above reasons then I vote no to bombing.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 07:20 PM

We need to keep out
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
We need to keep out
I agree with you Aysha.
Have we not learned our lessons from Afghanistan, Libya, Iraq and the rest yet?

We swatted some hornets nests, and now they are all out to get us!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 12:37 AM

Keep well out of it. Any bombing on our part will just invite more repercussions and if there's to be any `boots on the ground` they should be at our ports and airports.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Keep well out of it. Any bombing on our part will just invite more repercussions and if there's to be any `boots on the ground` they should be at our ports and airports.

Well said Judd.
Well said.
Particularly the highlighted part there.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I agree and I'm concerned that if we get involved then we will invite trouble that is best kept out of the UK

Page 2 of 31 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top