Join for free
Page 3 of 31 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 03:52 AM

Re: Syria conflict; how would you vote.

I'm reading these posts and wishing American seniors were equally wise. One site I go on folks are all ready to invade and get the draft going while they're at it. I have a son who I'd move to Canada personally before that happened. One posting I did was to suggest if they believed that strongly in ground troops, that they should be free to enlist regardless of age...angry old coots against ISIS could change the course of history
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Keep well out of it. Any bombing on our part will just invite more repercussions and if there's to be any `boots on the ground` they should be at our ports and airports.
Agree with every word of this post.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
[/B][/B]

Well said Judd.
Well said.
Particularly the highlighted part there.
YES - so agree with his suggestion - puts the whole thing into perspective for me now
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 10:19 AM

Yes...bury your heads in the sand and hope it all blows over...some of you may think differently if god forbid any of your family and friends are blown to pieces by these poor souls you all seem so desperate to protect
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Yes...bury your heads in the sand and hope it all blows over...some of you may think differently if god forbid any of your family and friends are blown to pieces by these poor souls you all seem so desperate to protect
Malcolm it is nothing to do with 'heads in sand' on the contrary those who advocate repeating past mistakes are banging their heads against the wall without realising they are doing nothing constructive only adding to the chaos and pain .
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Malcolm it is nothing to do with 'heads in sand'
Meg it is everything to do with 'heads in sand' This problem will not go away by just ignoring it and wishing that things were different
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 10:42 AM

Interesting responses, i wonder what the people of Syria want from the rest of the world.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 10:47 AM

Is that actually your whole argument? Surely if IS could be destroyed by bombing they would have been destroyed by now even without our help.

There has to be a better way.....
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

28-11-2015, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Interesting responses, i wonder what the people of Syria want from the rest of the world.
They want to be left in peace and to be able to bring up their children in safety just like the rest of us.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 10:48 AM

Meg it is everything to do with 'heads in sand' This problem will not go away by just ignoring it and wishing that things were different
Who has ignored it Malcolm, there is more than one way to skin a cat as they say .

Page 3 of 31 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top