Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2015, 05:16 PM

Hoverboard, Sedgeway, What?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti..._campaign=1490

These things must be an awful strain on the back. So the Sedgeway at least has a handle grip. What then is the advantage of having none on the Hoverboard? Better still, what is the advantage of having only two wheels rather than three? Can someone please help me to understand?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2015, 05:31 PM

Re: Hoverboard, Sedgeway, What?

I rode a segway in Singapore and mastered it straightaway. It was great fun. Of course, some men had to show off, including one of our trainers, who rode with us, falling off!! Heh heh.

Would love for them to be allowed on the pavements because you do have a handle, but I can see the potential danger with the hover board.

Such a tragic accident.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2015, 05:34 PM

How on earth could the bus driver not have seen this poor lad ?

A terrible tragedy. Another fad leading to an unecessary death
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2015, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
..... some men had to show off, including one of our trainers, who rode with us, falling off!! Heh heh. .....
Love to have seen that!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2015, 05:57 PM

Yep, two of them!

One was in the group before me, and one was a trainer in my group.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2015, 06:02 PM

Sad tragic accident, I think these latest type hoverboard are great fun for the kids.
Accidents have always happened when wheels are involved, I can recall as a kid another getting killed on roller skates, no doubt the skate board has had some very bad accidents.
Thinking about it wheels are not the fault, just kids being kids.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

12-12-2015, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
One ....... was a trainer in my group.
Not a “trainer” in the art of Sedgeway manoeuvrability, I hope!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

12-12-2015, 08:28 PM

Actually, they just kit you up, teach you how to use it, and accompany you on the ride. And stopped on the beach so they could take photos with our own cameras. This was on Sentosa Island.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

12-12-2015, 08:30 PM

You didn't go all the way to the Lion City just for that?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2015, 08:40 PM

I don't wish to appear callous but this lad should have mastered the technique of riding this contraption before venturing out on the road, something that's not even legal to do.

I witnessed a lad round our way casually riding one down a busy main road that leads from the motorway into town totally oblivious to his surroundings as not only did he have headphones on listening to music (presumably), he had his nose buried in a mobile phone looking at the screen. Not once did he look up to check his position in the road or at the level of traffic driving passed him. Another accident waiting to happen.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top