Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2015, 08:58 PM

Re: Hoverboard, Sedgeway, What?

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I don't wish to appear callous but this lad should have mastered the technique of riding this contraption before venturing out on the road, something that's not even legal to do.
The life-long anguish the innocent bus driver will be suffering justifies your so-called "callous" remark.

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I witnessed a lad round our way casually riding one down a busy main road that leads from the motorway into town totally oblivious to his surroundings as not only did he have headphones on listening to music (presumably), he had his nose buried in a mobile phone looking at the screen. Not once did he look up to check his position in the road or at the level of traffic driving passed him. Another accident waiting to happen.
He may as well apply for a wheel chair fitting now so it'll be ready on the day.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2015, 10:00 PM

I have never even seen one, but it is pretty obvious to me that these things should be banned in all public access places.
And certainly on pavements and roads. Yes?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2015, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
You didn't go all the way to the Lion City just for that?
Let's just say, that when I planned my trip to NZ, for Feb/Mar 2012, with the Singapore stopover, I booked a few extra days on the return leg, in a Sentosa hotel, knowing about the Segway! It was one experience I was itching to so. Another one I did was in a 747 simulator, near the Flyer (which of course I also had to do). I have a vid of my sim, and it was fantastic. The instructor knew I was an ex pilot when he saw how I was doing.

I would love to return to Singapore and Sentosa, and do it all over again.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2015, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
....... Yes?
Yes!

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Let's just say, that when I planned my trip to NZ, for Feb/Mar 2012, with the Singapore stopover, I booked a few extra days on the return leg, in a Sentosa hotel, knowing about the Segway! It was one experience I was itching to so. Another one I did was in a 747 simulator, near the Flyer (which of course I also had to do). I have a vid of my sim, and it was fantastic. The instructor knew I was an ex pilot when he saw how I was doing.

I would love to return to Singapore and Sentosa, and do it all over again.
You did the whole thing then!

The only memory I have of Singapore was getting tossed out of a restaurant 15 minutes before midnight on the 1979-1980 New Year … for no reason what-so-ever. No amount of pleading for just one drink on the tick did any good.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2015, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
The life-long anguish the innocent bus driver will be suffering justifies your so-called "callous" remark.

He may as well apply for a wheel chair fitting now so it'll be ready on the day.

wheelchairs won't go in a crematorium incinerator - he would do better to invest in a decent coffin instead.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2015, 09:28 AM

I want one and it is not on the road or pavement.
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...E6A&FORM=VIRE3
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

13-12-2015, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
wheelchairs won't go in a crematorium incinerator - he would do better to invest in a decent coffin instead.
That too.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top