Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2015, 04:48 PM

Re: POLITICAL CORRECTNESS: When is it Too Much?

Originally Posted by plantman ->
It's too much when it defies common sense such as the example quoted, but how did we ever get to a situation where the PC bullies and thought police held such sway over us, it's not so much a doctrine now as a full blown b****y religion.....
Very true Barry, how did we ever let it get so out of hand? It’s gone beyond a joke now, soon just naming another Country will be deemed racist, we are choking ourselves with political correctness, time to get a grip on things and put a stop to it once and for all.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2015, 05:35 PM

When I was a teacher in Birmingham in the 70s, we used the word 'asian' to describe eastern or middle eastern facial features, and 'coloured' to describe African descent. Never used the word 'black'.

Benedict Cumberpatch was in trouble not long ago for using the word 'coloured'...
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2015, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Definitely not joking .....
I am stunned!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2015, 07:28 PM

Hi

I am not sure if I have mentioned this before, but we used to have "brainstorming sessions " at work.

This was banned as it was offensive to epileptics.

Henceforth we had " thought showers"
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2015, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
.... soon just naming another Country will be deemed racist .....
I've already given that some thought. I suppose we'll have to follow the American example, as in African-American.

Niger (Oh Lord how to pronounce it?!) might be changed to East Mali. Nigeria could become South-West Chad. The Black Forest will be the Dark Forest. The Rio Negro (an Amazon tributary) perhaps changed to Upper Amazon. The great New Zealand side called All Together. No idea to do with the Black Watch. Any suggestions?
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

16-12-2015, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am not sure if I have mentioned this before, but we used to have "brainstorming sessions " at work.

This was banned as it was offensive to epileptics.

Henceforth we had " thought showers"

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top