Join for free
Page 3 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 07:05 PM

Re: Is Chivalry Dead?

Both my husband and son are chivalrous in person ; they open doors for women , help them into their seats and on with their coats. I have no idea how they would behave on-line. On-line behaviour can be quite different. I'm sure the gentlemen on here are chivalrous in person.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 07:05 PM

Why would anyone need people to be chivalrous on a forum, we are all equals. Some of the stuff some of the women here say is dreadful towards other women and men. We can't expect special treatment if we throw the first punch IMO.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 07:14 PM

Steampunk men are chivalrous gentlemen, that's why I like them.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Muddy complaining about 'unchivalrous' comments by other posters is funnier than your average circus.

I have cut-and-pasted long lists of really scandalous, derogatory, untruthful and unprovoked stuff she has posted about me - and there has been even more about others.

Missed your calling, Mud.
You'd be a 'natural' for stand-up comedy.
Well she has always been polite to me, but I understand she only enjoys polite conversation from intelligent people.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by countrygirl ->
Both my husband and son are chivalrous in person ; they open doors for women , help them into their seats and on with their coats. I have no idea how they would behave on-line. On-line behaviour can be quite different. I'm sure the gentlemen on here are chivalrous in person.
I would agree Countrygirl.... but with one or two exceptions.
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 07:25 PM

I think the term 'chivalry' belongs to a bygone era. However, when someone from either gender is being polite, courteous and respectful then I do appreciate it. It would be nice if everyone were like this.... but we don't live in an ideal world.
tina
Lincolnshire
tina is female  tina has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well she has always been polite to me, but I understand she only enjoys polite conversation from intelligent people.
Muddy has always been polite to me even when we have disagreed but it seems that some, just a few on here go out of their way to be unpleasant, and seem to target Muddy.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

26-12-2015, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by tina ->
Muddy has always been polite to me even when we have disagreed but it seems that some, just a few on here go out of their way to be unpleasant, and seem to target Muddy.
That hasn't gone unnoticed Tina!
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
.... she only enjoys polite conversation from intelligent people.
"intelligent people" being defined as anyone who shares her point of view.

Venture beyond that narrow band and one can expect great dollops of unchivalrous mud !
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2015, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
I totally agree...American women are quite empty headed. My preference is either Italian or Spanish wonen.
On the Continent Europe, in particular Spain Italy and Greece
Women were used to be servile to their husbands and spent many hours in the kitchen cooking enourmous meals.
In fact a life of service was considered normal years go
Not so the present generation, as they all have careers now
They have an equal partnership with their spouses,and often earn more money.

Italian men, especially treat woemn very well and always pay them many compliments at any age. Well. of course it is a Martrical Society,

One granddaugher in Italy, is a Medical Doctor another in Switzerand a Nurse, Another a Senior Bank Official,
They can afford to eat out which they often do.

Also their Salaries are nealy double of that in the UK but the cost of living in the those Countries is more,,. but not double

Page 3 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top