Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 06:24 PM

Re: Never Have Happened If Everyone Had A Gun

Another point, I have been to pretty remote places in the USA, and believe me I would feel I needed a weapon to safeguard me and mine.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I think highly unlikely ever , that Americans will give up their right "To bear arms".
There's the key! You said it yourself. The RIGHT to bear arms. It is OF COURSE necessary to make guns illegal. Then you can you begin to find the best way of enforcing it if the population drag their feet. I agree with you about their willingness to "give up" their right. So ......
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
There's the key! You said it yourself. The RIGHT to bear arms. It is OF COURSE necessary to make guns illegal. Then you can you begin to find the best way of enforcing it if the population drag their feet. I agree with you about their willingness to "give up" their right. So ......
The right to bare arms had little to do with this case.

He got away with it because of the "Stand your ground law" which is legal in 6 States. Possible in the 44 others that don't have this law he might have been prosecuted or would not have done it.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
The right to bare arms had little to do with this case.

He got away with it because of the "Stand your ground law" which is legal in 6 States. Possible in the 44 others that don't have this law he might have been prosecuted or would not have done it.
And that superceeds the "right" to ignore police orders, I guess. Strange as well, that "standing your ground" includes shooting 2 men in the back who were fleeing. Now if he'd run past them and turned round .........
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales
BDR44 is male  BDR44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 07:29 PM

When the US Constitution was written the US was a young country faced with many enemies. The second amendment was passed to allow for militia's to quickly form if communities were attacked. Today that intention of the Founding Father's has been stretched beyond its intent to include guns for everyone. The idea that a good man with a gun can stop a massacre is ridiculous. A good man cannot shoot until a gunman starts to kill. By then its a bit too late.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 08:02 PM

And that superceeds the "right" to ignore police orders, I guess. Strange as well, that "standing your ground" includes shooting 2 men in the back who were fleeing. Now if he'd run past them and turned round .........
NO the stand your ground law has nothing to do with the police as the topic you started has nothing to do with the police.

And NO police were involved in this CASE.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

06-01-2016, 08:12 PM

The police were not involved in this case.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

06-01-2016, 08:18 PM

You're not talking about Joe Horn?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 08:48 PM

You're not talking about Joe Horn?
Are we in a muddle here?
The op and link were about a 14 year old called Cole Peyton.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

06-01-2016, 09:32 PM

... and the video was about Joe Horn .....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top