Join for free
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2016, 08:59 AM

'Nasty Party' Minister caught out in a lie.

A 'nasty party' foreign office minister whilst standing at the dispatch box in the commons denied that he had seen a copy of a report on Saudi Arabia, but at the same time was holding that same report in his hand.

The incopetence displayed in the television series 'Yes Minister' would appear to be real :

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6838991.html
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2016, 10:22 AM

Re: 'Nasty Party' Minister caught out in a lie.

Does he think we are all too stupid to notice ?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2016, 08:59 PM

Yes he does, and so do they all.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2016, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
A 'nasty party' foreign office minister whilst standing at the dispatch box in the commons denied that he had seen a copy of a report on Saudi Arabia, but at the same time was holding that same report in his hand.
Almost as bad as telling the world that Iraq had WMDs! I guess that's insignificant compared to lying about reading a report though eh?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2016, 09:01 PM

Did you believe they had them?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2016, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Did you believe they had them?
I have no info or data to form an opinion. Just like Blair. It just suited the overall agenda to state that there was. That agenda has now lead to formation of organised terrorism which is now finding its way to all parts of Europe. All the culprits should be tried for treason for putting the county in such jeopardy whilst continuing their globalisation agenda.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2016, 09:17 PM

Bambi tried for treason?

He went on to bigger and better things as Middle East envoy from 2007 until his resignation last year.
I guess that means he's free to attend any kind of trial now.

I would have listed his achievements ....

except I hate big empty spaces.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2016, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
A Foreign Office minister has raised eyebrows after claiming he had not received a UN report about Saudi Arabia's invasion of Yemen - whilst holding a copy of the report.

Tobias Ellwood, a Conservative, said he had not officially been sent the report but had obtained a copy of it through other means.

"Yes of course I've got it, but I haven't received it," Mr Ellwood told MPs in the House of Commons, to howls of derision.
Isn't Ellwood just saying (all be it a little awkwardly) that he has not yet officially received the report.
Am I missing somthing here , what is wrong with saying that
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2016, 09:56 PM

Another post with 'Nasty Party'in the title.

I don't hold a remit for any political party, I guess you could call me a 'pick and mix ' voter approving and disapproving of some aspects of policy in all parties.

However, if I was going to label any party the 'nasty party' it would be Tony Blair and his version of the labour party.
I consider him to be a war criminal who by his disastrous foreign policy contributed to the mess we see in the world today. A nasty politician who presided over a nasty party for sure.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top