Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 04:45 PM

Avoid Kia cars

Don't ever buy a Kia car. I could make a list of all the problems we have had with this make and not just on one vehicle. Today Sues battery was flat after not using the Kia ceed car for a week and previously bad earth/body connection as wrong metal used. Ok the car and original battery are 7 years old so no problem there, the problem was getting a replacement battery like for like. Would you believe in the whole of the UK Kia don't stock one? true. The Kia garage offered one a different size and power output.
Apart from that she has has alloy wheels rusting- a radio that may/may not work.

My Sorento had warped discs after 800 miles, put into 4WD which would not work and the ABS warning light came on. This was due to rusted cabling under the car which went back 4 times to 2 different kia garages and still not fixed. being a 4WD car underneath should be well protected as it is built for off road use. Major engine part needed and shipped from Korea which took a couple of months as not stocked in UK.They could have flown it in by the next day.

This make must be about the worst I have ever had and that is quite a few. Oh and they don't honour their 7 year warranty either
Cheap cars made cheaply and terrible build after care service rubbish with replacement parts
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 04:48 PM

Re: Avoid Kia cars

Thanks for the info - good to get feedback on items
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 04:56 PM

Things can go wrong with any brand/make, but whats important is how a company deals with the customer when things go wrong and Kia dont sound too good at all...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 05:02 PM

Cass
All kia garages are really interested in is selling new cars and simple serviceing. Anything out of the "ordinary" like the battery problem I mentioned above and they are useless. I just cannot understand why on earth Not one Kia main agent or their warehouse supplies even have one of the same type.
As I said my wifes Kia ceed is an o9 plate diesel 7 year old car done around 30,000miles so forget about spares for vehicles over that age. Oh she bought it from new and the only owner as well.

What a difference to the Japanese manufactures. I have had several toyota 4WD landcruisers -Lexus RX300 sel x 2 and now a Nissan Xtrail top of the range 7 seater. Nothing but praise for both marks they as they say "bend over backwards" to make sure their customers are happy.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 05:03 PM

Not sure how a vehicle with about 6 inches of ground clearance would fare off road.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

03-03-2016, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
Not sure how a vehicle with about 6 inches of ground clearance would fare off road.
Crossovers like the Sorento and Nissan Xtrail are not designed for serious off road work but more for getting one out of trouble on soft earth -stony/ pebble beach type situations or for better road control if there is snow.
A serious off roader has permanent 4wd with the ability to lock up the front/centre and rear diffs such as the Landcruiser Amazon or Range Rover or Defender.
If I were still allowed to drive and have my pick of 4x4 cars it would be the Toyota Landcruiser every time, having already owned 3 of them at different times
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 05:13 PM

Never had a problem with our Kia's and never had to worry about the warranty as nothing has gone wrong.

You can come across a 'pup' with any make of car.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

03-03-2016, 05:17 PM

Pat
Agree but the top of the range of any mark should be faultless or any faults fixed. Unfortunately Kia just are not interested in aftercare.
If you are paying between £30k and £40k for a car you would expect it at least out of the showroom working properly, My Sorento didn't from day one and they would not do an exchange vehicle either. All I can say from my own experience a terrible company selling cheap cars which should go from showroom to scrap yard without any customers inbetween

The only reliable ones I have had is Toyota and Nissan, Yes I have had many other makes but these two companies for me come out top every time
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 05:25 PM

I've heard others complaining about Kia, my best car ever is my Toyota Yaris closely followed by Suzuki Vitara. They just go on and on with little trouble except wear and tear.
I was sure I wanted a Picanto last time but people put me off, I'm glad they did.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2016, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Pat
Agree but the top of the range of any mark should be faultless.......

quote...'A Rolls-Royce does not break down. It 'fails to proceed.'...unquote.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top