Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2016, 04:44 AM

Re: Avoid Kia cars

I used to have a Kia Sportage many years ago .
It never gave me any trouble at all.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2016, 11:13 AM

Al I can do is report the problems we have had with Kia. I would not recommend them to my worst enemy , if I had one.

Build quality made from tin cans. Seats so thin you feel as if your sitting on the frame -bad after sales service under warranty which is non existant. I have to say I just cannot understand how they got approval to be on our roads.

Even the battery clamp was covered in rust, no effort by Kia to
make it rust proof. Same with the earth lead onto the car body.
We had a bad connection develop, result breakdown and piggyback of car to home and AA came to fix.
AS I said at the outset AVOID KIA CARS
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2016, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Build quality made from tin cans.
This suggests you didn't inspect the vehicle before buying it. Easy to check the thickness of bodywork and toughness.

Seats so thin you feel as if your sitting on the frame
This also suggests you didn't inspect the vehicle before buying it. Surely you sat in one before buying ??

Sorry to hear you've had a bad time but research is of course paramount. The Kia Sportage, for me, is all fur coat and no knickers. It was very clearly created to join the ever growing market of silly chunky and sporty looking SUVs for mums with the school runs. It certainly does look better than many in that market space but that of course does not equate to the car being a solid sturdy long lasting vehicle imo

Buy quality imo. When you buy "proper" car you can just feel it instantly when you drive. It feels rock solid, well-built, the controls shout quality and reliability. Spend the extra money especially if you plan on owning it for a decent length of time.

My wife currently has a Volvo S60. Absolutely beautiful car, screams quality, drives like a dream, feels incredibly safe and secure and is very plush inside. Every passenger we've ever given a lift has commented on how nice it is. It's never broken down, never skipped a beat and I am likely to be tempted to buy a Volvo myself when I come to replace my existing car.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2016, 06:09 PM

Al I can do is report the problems we have had with Kia. I would not recommend them to my worst enemy , if I had one.

Build quality made from tin cans. Seats so thin you feel as if your sitting on the frame -bad after sales service under warranty which is non existant. I have to say I just cannot understand how they got approval to be on our roads.

Even the battery clamp was covered in rust, no effort by Kia to
make it rust proof. Same with the earth lead onto the car body.
We had a bad connection develop, result breakdown and piggyback of car to home and AA came to fix.
AS I said at the outset AVOID KIA CARS
I can't understand why you have kept it for 7 years when you claim it is so bad.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2016, 11:07 AM

[QUOTE=Realist;852993]This suggests you didn't inspect the vehicle before buying it. Easy to check the thickness of bodywork and toughness.

Quote" Buy quality imo. When you buy "proper" car you can just feel it instantly when you drive. It feels rock solid, well-built, the controls shout quality and reliability. Spend the extra money especially if you plan on owning it for a decent length of time." Unquote

That is the reason our main car is a brand new Nissan Xtrail Tekna @ just under £33,000 as we wanted to go back to a Japanese mark that has 7 seats ( 2 extra) good fuel economy (50mpg around houses) and a tow bar.

one should not have to inspect a brand new car fresh out of the showroom to that degree

I have had a volvo 145DL followed by a 240 Dl both estates and nice cars trouble is service costs are through the roof let alone replacement parts
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

05-03-2016, 11:12 AM

Jimmy

I can't understand why you have kept it for 7 years when you claim it is so bad.

easy, cost of replacement up to recently we could not afford it
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2016, 12:57 PM

Think you've just got hold of a rouge one, as can happen with all makes.. Maybe you should change it for another..
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

07-03-2016, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Think you've just got hold of a rouge one, as can happen with all makes.. Maybe you should change it for another..
We had a Sorento top of range and a Ceed, both gave a lot of trouble not just one car. As for changing certainly will avoid Kia like the plague. I know of no other manufacture who can't even supply the proper battery, none in the UK or the world according to Kia main agent

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top