Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 08:08 AM

Re: Talking of cars ......

One car I never wanted was an open topped sports car, my sister has one. I like to be enclosed in a car not open to the elements!
Elizabeth
Cotswolds
Elizabeth is female 

21-10-2010, 08:38 AM

Very much like your Mazda Buttercup.

I am happy with my VW Beetle. It is getting on a bit now, 10 years old but goes so well. I love all the roominess at the front and what other car has a flower holder?
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Oh Buttercup - I've just noticed you have a Mazda MX5 and I am pea green with envy - and its a red one too.
I know - it's lovely isn't it, although most MX5 enthusiasts turn their noses up at the graphics (put on by previous Japanese owner) but I love them but can't sneak off anywhere as everyone recognises the car - not that I do a lot of sneaking you understand
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 04:35 PM

[QUOTE=Elizabeth;75145]Very much like your Mazda Buttercup.

Thanks Elizabeth - it does always put a smile on your face as lovely to drive.
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 07:17 PM

Hello Buttercup, What a beautiful photo of your Mazda car. Did you have the special paint-job arranged yourself, or was it already looking swish like that?

(Definitely not one for travelling with the dogs)!!!

Rainbow
buttercup
Wiltshire

21-10-2010, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Rainbow ->
Hello Buttercup, What a beautiful photo of your Mazda car. Did you have the special paint-job arranged yourself, or was it already looking swish like that?

(Definitely not one for travelling with the dogs)!!!

Rainbow
The graphics on the car were put on by the owner in Japan before it was imported to UK in 2006. Some hate them, others quite like them - I love them. I have got two dogs in the car before just to take down to my Mums about a mile away. I quite like the idea of driving on a hot summers day with the hood down with Jasmine, my Saluki , in the front seat but I don't think she would be too impressed
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 09:12 PM

You should have a picture of Jasmine sitting behind the wheel (stationary of course) - with the hood down, wearing a pair of sunglasses, and yourself in the passenger seat.

Lovely name - suits the breed.

Rainbow
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 09:20 PM

I drive a KIA Ceed diesel which I got for £1000 less than the price of the petrol model, also being able to con the very young saleman, via info from a car supermarket, I now drive a car which makes me very happy.

I also took out a three year service contract for £695 inclusive of parts and labour.

It does 60mpg on long runs and nearly 50mpg around town so it is ecconomical.
Rainbow
Surrey UK

21-10-2010, 09:25 PM

Got yourself a bargain there Antibrown!

Rainbow
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rainbow ->
Got yourself a bargain there Antibrown!

Rainbow
I think I did Chris and seeing that the car now costs more than a £1000 extra to buy makes it more of a bargin.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top