Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 03:53 PM

Re: Best car features/options

Originally Posted by Barry ->
This is so true Tel, deal with it...
Well..you may have paddle shift but I bet you dont have a paddle pool in it.
I do after its been pouring down.....so there.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Well..you may have paddle shift but I bet you dont have a paddle pool in it.
I do after its been pouring down.....so there.
Some of the cars I've owned have had paddling pools inside, particularly back in the seventies.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 05:41 PM

I hope those of you with autos practice left foot braking at low ( manoeuvering) speeds...?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I hope those of you with autos practice left foot braking at low ( manoeuvering) speeds...?
Why would we?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I have always used left foot braking on track....sometimes on the twisties.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

16-05-2017, 06:21 PM

Why would we?
So you can control the speed.....with autos theres a slight delay before the clutch disengages and can cause a surge....covering the brake is a good safety practice.

When I reversed my x6m I used to feather the throttle and use the brake on and off to reverse into parking spaces....especially as it had 400bhp
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

16-05-2017, 06:29 PM

So you can control the speed.....with autos theres a slight delay before the clutch disengages and can cause a surge....covering the brake is a good safety practice.
Never heard such rubbish, it's strange that after hundreds of thousands of miles of auto driving I haven't ever needed to do that, but I do enjoy a good joke boys .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

16-05-2017, 06:31 PM

When I reversed my x6m I used to feather the throttle and use the brake on and off to reverse into parking spaces....especially as it had 400bhp
Perhaps you just hadn't learnt the art of accelerator control?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

16-05-2017, 06:32 PM

Never heard such rubbish, it's strange that after hundreds of thousands of miles of auto driving I haven't ever needed to do that, but I do enjoy a good joke boys .
Google it....honestly.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 06:47 PM

There have been several reports of unexplained ( so called) accidents where, people with auto's have had instances where their car has suddenly gone out of control when manoeuvering at low speeds, the cars auto box has been blamed or there's a fault with the car whilst this may be the case sometimes it could just be a case of driver error, where the accelerator has accidentally been pressed, by using the left foot to brake you would be able to stop in an instant, whereas having to move your right foot across to brake, takes a few seconds, by which time it may be too late, now I'm not talking about doing this at higher speeds ( which would be dangerous) or like tpin suggests on the race track ( where it would be beneficial to left foot brake) just at low parking speeds,

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top