Join for free
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 09:21 PM

Bmw

BMW are now coming under the spotlight in Germany. Apparently they told customers in 2007 that if their cars failed an emission test it could be taken to an authorised dealer where it could be fixed in less than 30 minutes. How? Through the software.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 09:33 PM

Re: Bmw

Not just BMW. Mercedes, Porche, VW all implicated.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 09:33 PM

Vw owners are having trouble with the emissions fix, some cars run worse after the fix has been done, this is due to how much wear is in the fuel system, I,e if the injectors are even slightly worn it can affect the running of the car, vw are now having to guarantee the emissions fix for two years afterwards
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 11:05 PM

It has not put German cars in a good light. Personally I would not touch one let alone buy one.

why
excessive service costs
Replacement parts need a bank loan to pay for them, cost way too much

They come in basic standard, you have to pay for extras on top which loose money when car is sold
They are overrated because of the badge name.

In comparison

Japanse cars are sold as basic middle or top of range ,all the extras for each is included and service costs a lot less
I have had Isuzu- Toyota- Honda and now Nissan and more than one of each, not one has ever let me down. Reliabily in spades
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 05:03 AM

Let's face it who in their right mind would buy a European car? Poor after sales service, overpriced, unreliable, underpowered, expensive parts...

No thanks, I'll stick to Asian cars (perhaps with the exception of Great Wall)
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 06:52 AM

To some, cars are still aspirational, and signify some sort of social statement. Geezers who go to the Golf Club, would generally not do so in a Hyundai for example, not matter how good the specification, or value for money, it may be, likewise, a five year old, far eastern, mock MPV is the chariot of choice for the practical folks attending a Car Boot Sale, then, there is the style of the Italian, beauty, above all other considerations, geezers who drive those, after leaving A don't care if B exists.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top