Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 01:52 PM

Re: How could she?

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Unbelievably cruel

And her training to be a financial advisor
... paid off.
Always in their comfort zone when frittering away other people's money, not their own.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Unbelievably cruel

And her training to be a financial advisor
Looks as though she learned quickly!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 02:43 PM

Apart from being terribly hurt and betrayed I am not sure how I would deal with something like this on both a practical and emotional level. It would probably ruin me emotionally - the prison sentence would not help. I don't think I would be looking for retribution - I would just want to understand how she could do such a thing to her own parents who trusted her, but then nothing even approaching this sort of betrayal has ever happened within my family circle. I suppose it would mean that as well as losing my money and security I would have lost my daughter. I would be totally bereft and destroyed.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 03:42 PM

I think I'd have to find a way to forgive just for my own peace of mind or the devastation would be too much. Coming from a fractured family it's no fun for anyone and best way is to forgive as it makes you yourself feel better.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I would just want to understand how she could do such a thing
People, especially young people, are incredibly influenced by the media and everything that appears on TV and social chat forums, and of course responsibility and loyalty are not taught in schools any more.

I'm not sure how much she will suffer from being cut off from her familly but her prison sentance will be nowt more than a slap on the wrist. With good behaviour and all the other perks she will be out in less than 12 months
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 07:26 PM

I fail to understand how any daughter.... or son for that matter, could do such a thing to their parents. Could they ever trust her again, I wonder.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 07:35 PM

Not for the same amount but my sister managed to pinch my mums rent money for about a year before she realised that it wasn't being taken to the council each fortnight as she had volunteered to do.

Now I know not right but my parents weren't lovely kind people and had caused so much damage to us kids. There is usually another side to stories.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 07:53 PM

What a confusing article .
The women is 33 now the crime happened in 2010 when she was 21?
That would make her 28?
She was learning to be a financial adviser ?
She had a husband at some point
Gone on holidays ?
It's wasnt exactly two weeks In Clacton but a lifetime adventure .
Sounds like a disaster all round .
The parents were daft to leave ALL their savings in the care of their airhead improvident and dishonest child .
They could have set up a direct debit to her account for expenses .
However everything's is going wrong for the girl and all that lovely lollie is at her disposal .
One hopes she didn't qualify as a ' financial adviser' .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 10:21 PM

Kids Eh.....
On a positive note, I understand Camper Vans attract a very good price these days....
Suehebbs
Athens Greece
Suehebbs is female 

19-11-2017, 10:02 AM

I think this is tragic for all concerned. I cannot understand the type of behaviour this young woman displayed.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top