Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 06:20 PM

David Beckham will not face speeding prosecution

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-45668735

The former England football captain, 43, was accused of driving a loaned Bentley at 59mph in a 40mph zone on the A40 in Paddington on 23 January.

Celebrity lawyer Nick Freeman, known as Mr Loophole, successfully fought the allegation for him on a technicality.

Mr Freeman had argued a speeding notice arrived one day too late.

District Judge Barbara Barnes said a Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP) was sent on 2 February and should have arrived at Bentley Motors Ltd, the registered keepers of the vehicle, by 6 February.

However, she was satisfied on the evidence heard it did not in fact arrive until 7 February - one day outside the statutory 14-day window.

Beckham, who did not attend the hearing at Wimbledon Magistrates' Court on Thursday, had previously entered a not guilty plea.
It might be legal, and even possible that the letter arrived late, since 2-6 February included a weekend but doing 60 mph in a built-up area is morally reprehensible.

Previously:

Beckham was found guilty of speeding in December 1999 but managed to keep hold of his licence when a judge accepted he had been "under duress" because of pursuing photographers.

He was caught driving a Ferrari at 76mph in a 50mph zone in Stockport, and was initially given an eight month ban and an £800 fine.

But he successfully appealed to get his licence back, when the judge decided there were "special circumstances" in the incident.

Beckham, who lives in Holland Park, denied and was found not guilty of exceeding a 40mph speed limit in contravention of a Local Traffic Order.
Recently:

Beckham had also been accused of running a red light in April.

The ex-footballer was sent a letter - to the wrong address - claiming he had been driving a Ford which was caught on camera driving through a red light.

However, Met case worker Sylvia Gladman was later forced to write to the star to apologise, and say that it had been discovered it was not Beckham's car.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 06:49 PM

Re: David Beckham will not face speeding prosecution

Money talks, not a surprise to me.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 07:29 PM

Nothing about the beckhams surprises me - except - why do people fawn over them so much?
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Money talks, not a surprise to me.
Sounds about right, Purwell.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 06:40 AM

He's virtually a Royal. He's certainly treated like one, so he'll be immune to any wrongdoing.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 06:53 AM

I have no time for people who think they are above the law!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Nothing about the beckhams surprises me - except - why do people fawn over them so much?
Hi

Victoria is a bit hefty, could do with losing a bit of weight.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 09:03 AM

I would forgive him anything

I know I'm such a hussey....great innit

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top