Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

06-07-2011, 11:08 PM

Re: Prepay funerals

Originally Posted by DavidA ->
Hello,

I'm 75 and have not put any money aside for my funeral. I was wondering if anyone has started a pre-pay funeral plan at my age and why? I'm not sure what I should do.

Thank you,
David
Hello David and welcome to the forum, In all honesty mate I would not bother.
My kids and grandkids are the only proof to the world that I was ever on the planet and if they want to give me a crap send off or the corporation does, it matters not one jot to me.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

07-07-2011, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by DavidA ->
Hello,

I'm 75 and have not put any money aside for my funeral. I was wondering if anyone has started a pre-pay funeral plan at my age and why? I'm not sure what I should do.

Thank you,
David

LOL

Thats quite an opening line to joining here David ............ LOLOLOL

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hello David and welcome

I haven't a plan as such , I am hoping my funeral such as it is will be taken care of out of the proceeds of the sale of my house/ belongings/any left over cash .

I am not bothered about a funeral , once I am gone it really doesn't matter. A neighbours son took his mother to the crematorium in a cardboard box in the back of his estate car .

HHmmm...That doesnt seem to ring true with me somehow !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2011, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Topaz ->
HHmmm...That doesnt seem to ring true with me somehow !
I can assure you it is true distasteful as it may seem to some. If you knew the person in question who finds it acceptable to hit his small terriers in the face with the butt of a gun you would not be the least bit surprised.

I guess it meant minimum expenditure and more cash from him to inherit from his mothers meagre estate.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

07-07-2011, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
A neighbours son took his mother to the crematorium in a cardboard box in the back of his estate car .
Having years ago helped out on quite a few funerals and all they entailed in a small country village, I have seen quite a few stunts pulled by the 'grieving relatives'

Nothing surprised any of us but on a lighter note it gave the comedians (and there were quite a few among us)useful material to fill in the time.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top