Join for free
Page 2 of 46 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 02:33 PM

Re: The 2011/2012 Football Season - Fans Thread

I am not a huge football fan but do follow the teams I am interested in. My dearly departed partner was a huge fan of Liverpool and we played You'll Never Walk Alone at his funeral as per his request. I will therefore follow their progress this season and hope they have a better time than last year under Kenny.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 07:14 PM

How pleased he would have been with the performance by Liverpool in their last pre season game, I know I was very relieved to see the much improved display by the Reds, especially Andy Carrol, looks like he is quickly getting rid of his injury woes thank goodness and the whole team seemed to be more confident plus the fact that they didn't leak a single goal, let alone three which they have done in five games, just hope that bodes well for the opening league game when Sunderland are the visitors.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

08-08-2011, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
I am not a huge football fan but do follow the teams I am interested in. My dearly departed partner was a huge fan of Liverpool and we played You'll Never Walk Alone at his funeral as per his request. I will therefore follow their progress this season and hope they have a better time than last year under Kenny.
I have had the privilege of getting to Anfield a few times over the years. The singing of the anthem is always a remarkable event. You never quite get the atmosphere on the TV as invariably some presenter is yacking as they do for ours.
The staff there are always very helpful for those of us not so mobile folks.

I am sure Kenny will whip the reds up for an assault on the Prem, in any event the pies are good.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2011, 07:22 PM

Well I shall be watching Tottenham this year as I am quite drawn to Harry Rednall(Wish I could spell his name)Rednapp? never mind, yes I think I may be practising the saying' arry for England' oh thats a bit of history isnt.Fed up with the Italian now.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2011, 09:26 PM

Tottenham Annie?? You're having a larf! I did read that Harry Rednapp says you'd have to be barmy to manage the England football team. So that's why Capello got the job!
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2011, 02:21 PM

I think that Harry Rednapp would make a great manager for England but he won't be offered it I bet. Its the same as years gone by when Brian Clough should have got it but the FA don't want someone who is too outspoken and will rock the boat.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

10-08-2011, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
I think that Harry Rednapp would make a great manager for England but he won't be offered it I bet. Its the same as years gone by when Brian Clough should have got it but the FA don't want someone who is too outspoken and will rock the boat.
While the tax evasion charges are hanging over H, he will not get a look in.
I saw him play as a young lad, a sight not to have been missed. and of course he was one of the best managers our club ever had. In fairness he should have had the England job before Postman Pat Capello.

I agree about Cloughie, his problem was that he would have wanted total control and the FA back then and still now would have had a thrombie rather than relinquish power.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2011, 07:32 PM

There have been some awful Managers,glad we had a gent once, Bobby Robson, Wa Bobby.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

12-08-2011, 09:08 PM

The Irons will have to be on their mettle tomorrow for the trip to Doncaster Rovers.
We need some results and now would be a good time to start.

I see you have Sunderland tomorrow Bob, and was reading on the Reds site that Charlie Adam, Stewart Downing and Jordan Henderson are set to make their debuts.

With the addition of Jose Enrique I am hoping of great things this season, not least to dent the crowns of that lot in Manchester who play in red also.

Good to see Steve Clarke is officially 1st team coach, he is a good coach with a lot of experience, I wish we still had him at the Boleyn.

Good luck to all clubs but mostly mine as we need everything we can get.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK

13-08-2011, 01:59 PM

Now then Hammer, onwards and upwards! Maybe you will be pleasantly surprised as the new season unfolds, I sincerely hope West Ham do have a very successful campaign.
So far as Liverpool are concerned, Steve Clarke has a very good coaching record so his addition should be a big plus for us and I await with great interest to see the likes of Suarez, Carrol, Adam, Enrique, Henderson and Gerrard all playing as a unit, mouth watering to say the least.
All the very best of luck to your team for the new season, whoever you support.

Page 2 of 46 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top