Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 10:17 AM

Re: I really don't understand.

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Gosh! Pauline. How do you sleep at night?

Probably doesn't, too busy peering over the fence, monitoring the CCTV, measuring the encroachment on her parking space, twitching the curtains and bothering the police.

Another over "exaggerated "!post!.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Gosh! Pauline. How do you sleep at night? Your home life sounds like a nightmare.
Dare l say, wouldn’t it be better to move? Or, does that mean, they’ve won?

I think you are over reacting to my posts ,Art,..I don't have nightmare neighbours,that is what you are making it sound like.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

29-05-2019, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Pauline darlin' - many years ago, this happened to my sister. She merely parked across the entrance to her drive, blocking the recalcitrant car in and left it there for several days to teach the car owner a lesson.

Well done her!!...UJ.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

29-05-2019, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Susan darlin' - you are entitled to 'Quiet Enjoyment' of your property, because of these arrogant, ignorant neighbours, your enjoyment is being interfered with. Make contact with the Council's Noise Abatement team, (part of the Environment Health Department) and lodge formal complaint against your neighbours. The Council are duty bound to take action, and under the Control of Pollution Act 1990, have the power to enter the premises (your neighbour's house) and confiscate the sound making equipment.

Great advice,UJ!.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Why the law allows people to get away with some things,

I had a neighbour throw a load of rubble all over my car space last year,I reported it to the police,they saw the cctv footage of him doing this,yet they said he doesn't have to clear it up,I do !

What does that say to you?
Yes it is a minor thing,..I have just been given these sort of things a lot of thought lately,..

Another one is,if someone parks on you're drive,the police would not get involved.so it's not just the allocated spaces they park in.some sort of loophole in the law apparently.and if they decided to leave the car on you're drive,it would end up costing you money to have it removed...I dismay ,I really do!.
I'm afraid this is yet another example of lawless Britain.

The police won't do anything for two reasons:

- they are understaffed (thank you Mrs Maybot);

- when they do make the effort to charge somebody, the lenient courts let them off with a 'warning'.

I'd suggest that, in your case, you could take your case to the Small Claims Court. You have video evidence of your neighbour dumping his rubbish; it is going to cost you to have it removed. That is what Small Claims Courts are for. You should be able to claim the cost of removal of the rubbish from the person who deposited it, and possibly some further payment for your distress.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

29-05-2019, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm afraid this is yet another example of lawless Britain.

The police won't do anything for two reasons:

- they are understaffed (thank you Mrs Maybot);

- when they do make the effort to charge somebody, the lenient courts let them off with a 'warning'.

I'd suggest that, in your case, you could take your case to the Small Claims Court. You have video evidence of your neighbour dumping his rubbish; it is going to cost you to have it removed. That is what Small Claims Courts are for. You should be able to claim the cost of removal of the rubbish from the person who deposited it, and possibly some further payment for your distress.

This all happened last year,JBR,...

You are right,but I just couldn't be bothered with it all,all the inconvenience it would cause,.i just ended up,putting all the rubble he threw,under the stones,which is a car space...if it happens again,I will do that.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I think you are over reacting to my posts ,Art,..I don't have nightmare neighbours,that is what you are making it sound like.
Pauline, l could list all the things you have stated about your neighbours and what they do and l wouldn’t class it as a sweet dream.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 10:44 AM

There's also the matter of jurisdiction. That is then compounded by criminal offences and civil offences and what the police are empowered to do.

On top of that things such as you describe are usually done in retaliation.

Best keep schtum and hope it blows over, don't antagonise people any more than you must have done. Nor stick your nose in no matter how much you want to and just ignore what people do in their own lives that is none of your business..

Something about a mote and a beam?

Matthew 7:5.

Not bad for a Yid eh!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

29-05-2019, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pauline, l could list all the things you have stated about your neighbours and what they do and l wouldn’t class it as a sweet dream.
Just my opinion Art,one neighbour threw rubble on my car space and the other kept parking over the White line,...not a sweet dream,but not the the exaggeration that you put forward.

I dealt with the parking.

The police dealt with the abusive behaviour of the neighbour,I have had no problems from him since.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

29-05-2019, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
There's also the matter of jurisdiction. That is then compounded by criminal offences and civil offences and what the police are empowered to do.

On top of that things such as you describe are usually done in retaliation.

Best keep schtum and hope it blows over, don't antagonise people any more than you must have done. Nor stick your nose in no matter how much you want to and just ignore what people do in their own lives that is none of your business..

Something about a mote and a beam?

Matthew 7:5.

Not bad for a Yid eh!

Like I said in another post,..you're advice is meaningless,..

And practice what you preach,...slashing tyres,superglue their cars,Caltrops,.....tut,tut,I'm surprised you haven't been lynched,..( beaten up)or maybe you have,and staying mumm.

As for hypocrite,

Ha

Ha

Ha.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top