Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2012, 12:46 PM

Re: Canada is getting rid of the penny!

Originally Posted by Steve MacLellan ->
What do we say if we want someone's opinion? A nickel for your thoughts?
Not one's thoughts that's the problem Steve matey - but how does one now 'spend a penny' ????
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2012, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Not one's thoughts that's the problem Steve matey - but how does one now 'spend a penny' ????
Since Labour made a mess of out ecconomy you dont, you now have to take out a mortgage to do it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2012, 12:41 PM

It costs 20-30p in many toilets now ...... London charges even more than that!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2012, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Ahhh but they don't on the trains Mags darlin' you just have to wait for them to leave the station then make a mad dash.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2012, 12:04 PM

Ahhh but they don't on the trains Mags darlin' you just have to wait for them to leave the station then make a mad dash.

...... but just think of the expense I would have trying to get back to the place I was before I wanted to spend that penny!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2012, 03:36 AM

ClaireMarie darlin' - that's not the most important point. With the abolition of the 'penny' how does one 'spend a penny'???? Oooooohhhhhh
The obvious answer is to live in a country which doesn't charge you to go to the toilet (only in Europe!). I couldn't believe it when I went to the UK last year that they still charged, absolutely absurd.

The Australian one and two cent coins disappeared many years ago because they cost more to produce than their face value, now the smallest coin is a 5 cent piece (a Zac or pre decimal sixpence).
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2012, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
The obvious answer is to live in a country which doesn't charge you to go to the toilet (only in Europe!). I couldn't believe it when I went to the UK last year that they still charged, absolutely absurd.

The Australian one and two cent coins disappeared many years ago because they cost more to produce than their face value, now the smallest coin is a 5 cent piece (a Zac or pre decimal sixpence).
I don't know if they still charge you to use the toilet over here Bruce as I haven't used one in donkeys years, I know they used to, silly isn't it, paying for a call of nature. I don't think there are many left in Dublin city, a lot were closed because of men seeking out 'rent Boys' at public toilet venues, drug dealing, and other such goings on. Most people in Dublin, when they gotta go, use the pubs or the toilets in the large stores.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2012, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I never use them , all big stores and supermarkets have loos and they are free so I use those

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top