Join for free
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2012, 04:17 PM

Lost Will

my mother in law left her will in the sake keeping of a lawyers office
now they cant find it
so mutch for trusting them now its going to a be a long battle to get what is rightfully ours
ans with only 5 days in the town were my husbands from is not a lot of time
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2012, 05:58 PM

Re: Lost Will

If the Will was officially drawn up by the lawyers Pixie - would it not have been registered?
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2012, 08:22 PM

I'm a bit out of the loop on legal matters these days, but I don't think it's mandatory to register a Will. However, I would have thought the solicitors would have done that as a matter of course with the Will Registry which is called Certainty. If they did register it, it shouldn't take long to find it.

The solicitors I used to work for kept such documents in a strong room which was fire-proof.

I hope it's soon found lass.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2012, 08:25 PM

yeh its been mde out since the 1970s
my husbad saw it 2 years ago after hs dad pased on
everything was left to his mom then after his mom then she put everything in my husbands name hes the only son
were meeting with the lawyer when we go there there going to try find it its not on there puter was transferd from another lawyers office they do have somthing there saying my husnad has it but hes not been to england since he last saw it with his mom at the office
pixie
Canada

04-05-2012, 12:33 PM

my in law should have your old law firm
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2012, 03:34 PM

What an absolute pain Pixie........You could do without the hassle couldn't you ?
pixie
Canada

06-05-2012, 06:53 PM

yes we shure could

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top