Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 07:06 PM

Re: 'Our' Parliamentarians

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Barry, Barry, Barry, you've totally misunderstood. We DON'T replace them!!! - We change the whole SYSTEM entirely and have a Parliament of DELEGATES, not representatives as we have now. A subtle but important distinction.
I don't know what political planet you're on at the moment Joe, but whatever you want to title them they will still be the same loathsome, arrogant, self serving shysters, just like union "Delegates"...take my word..
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 07:24 AM

Joe, this sounds like life as we know it, everywhere you look the same thing is happening so why should parliamentarians be any different?

Do you REALLY think there is a group of people who are whiter than White?

Face reality Joe, wherever you look you will see the same thing happening in other governments but to a greater degree. They even start fighting in other parliaments knowing that the camera's will show it, at leat ours do not come to fisty cuffs, they may act like spoilt kids but they do not get physical.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I don't know what political planet you're on at the moment Joe, but whatever you want to title them they will still be the same loathsome, arrogant, self serving shysters, just like union "Delegates"...take my word..
No again Barry, perhaps you're not aware of the distinction, but delegates are mandated by their constituents on the way they should vote on a particular motion or policy. If delegates misbehave in any way they can be recalled at any time instead of serving a particular number of years as our so-called representatives do now. To a greater extent this will eliminate the excesses (the latest being Baroness Varsi) that persists currently.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 09:47 PM

I am surprised no one has mentioned the latest scandal, a cabinet minister who put in expenses for a £165 hotel bill when she actually stopped at a friends house.
And if you believe that you will believe anything, I never thought for one they had changed anyway.
And there's more :---- From the Telegraph
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2012, 07:35 AM

No again Barry, perhaps you're not aware of the distinction, but delegates are mandated by their constituents on the way they should vote on a particular motion or policy. If delegates misbehave in any way they can be recalled at any time instead of serving a particular number of years as our so-called representatives do now. To a greater extent this will eliminate the excesses (the latest being Baroness Varsi) that persists currently.
Arthur matey I did allude to it in my previous post and yes another example of sleaze.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2012, 08:21 AM

Arthur matey I did allude to it in my previous post and yes another example of sleaze.
Sorry Geoff so you did, obviously I never read it properly.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2012, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
but where on earth are you going to find 600 good men and true to replace them with?
Doesn't matter what you call them (Delegates, representatives, Parlimentarians, etc. etc.) the fact is that people are humans, and humans are (mostly) just nasty creatures. Present company excepted of course

By the way, that OP has been going around now for over a year and (allegedly) there are some (let's say) inaccuracies in it. Don't have the time or the inclination to find out.

Revolution, as Uncle Joe is constantly preaching to us, has attractions at the beginning but I am firmly convinced that once a new system is installed and all the old brigade have been hung from the rafters the in fighting, back biting, and corruption will emerge again, it is after all humans we are talking about, I hope if I come back to this world after I die it will be as dog not a human
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

28-05-2012, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Doesn't matter what you call them (Delegates, representatives, Parlimentarians, etc. etc.) the fact is that people are humans, and humans are (mostly) just nasty creatures. Present company excepted of course

By the way, that OP has been going around now for over a year and (allegedly) there are some (let's say) inaccuracies in it. Don't have the time or the inclination to find out.

Revolution, as Uncle Joe is constantly preaching to us, has attractions at the beginning but I am firmly convinced that once a new system is installed and all the old brigade have been hung from the rafters the in fighting, back biting, and corruption will emerge again, it is after all humans we are talking about, I hope if I come back to this world after I die it will be as dog not a human
Harvey you could be right, but I say we need a change and to bring laws in that stop this fiddling, like a guaranteed 10 year in gaol no matter no matter how much they pilfer.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

05-06-2012, 05:20 PM

Whilst it might not be perfect, I would much prefer the UK to be Governed by our Parliamentary system than any other in the world.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

05-06-2012, 08:20 PM

Willow darlin' - we can STILL have a parliamentary system under the changes I am advocating, merely that the Members of that Parliament are DELEGATED by their constituents rather than being REPRESENTATIVES. A subtle but important distinction. As to the Head of State, like other democracies across Europe, they have abolished their aristocracies and have an ELECTED head of state, who can be changed from time to time if 'WE' choose to do so.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top