Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2012, 05:33 PM

Re: Humans (And Other Animals)Taking Sides, Making Alliances, or Sitting on the Fence

Do we really like "standing alone." My understanding is that humans have both predatory and herd instincts (mentalities if you like) which act as drivers. We are also normally gregarious animals.
I have always stood alone and been happy to do so
People think I am joking when I say I would like to be a hermit but I am not and deliberately go out of my way to avoid contact with people
That's one good thing about the internet, I can turn people off when I have had enough.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2012, 05:34 PM

Re: Humans (And Other Animals)Taking Sides, Making Alliances, or Sitting on the Fence

Aerolor, I think you've probably just encompassed the intent behind most threads here.
None are meant to be provocative ... and believe it or not I don't want to be. I'm boisterous at times ... I know.
I'm been overly picky.

When I feel an exuberant mood coming on I'll nip off to the Trash Talk
I have no desire to upset anyone or the even keel of the forum.

Meanwhile ... someone go and get Janela back!
Jonsey
South western France
Jonsey is male 

05-08-2012, 05:42 PM

Aerolor, and I quote >>>>>>>>>>

I did not intend this thread to be provocative or turn into an argument (and I emphasised that at the beginning because of the current atmosphere on some of the threads and I meant it). >>>unquote

No-one is arguing, You opened a thread and it is being answered in the manner that those who have replied in a calm and sensible manner, personally I think Mazzies contribution above -- is a sound and logical explanation of how she feels, she isn't arguing with anyone.

I quote. >>>>>>>>> On reflection, perhaps it was a mistake and it may have been better to wait a while before putting up the thread. I thought it was a broad enough topic to engage a thoughtful discussion >> unquote

Why wait, recent events are still fresh in the mind, still giving us the edge of --- "not having to either trawl our way through a topic , or as in my case --- lack of memory span. Simply because IT IS a broad topic we will get various slants on the opening topic, thats what makes forums , with those of us , shall we say with an incisive mind, so interesting
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2012, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Aerolor, I think you've probably just encompassed the intent behind most threads here.
None are meant to be provocative ... and believe it or not I don't want to be. I'm boisterous at times ... I know.
I'm been overly picky.

When I feel an exuberant mood coming on I'll nip off to the Trash Talk
I have no desire to upset anyone or the even keel of the forum.

Meanwhile ... someone go and get Janela back!
Already Mailed her. Hopefully she will be Back Soon.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2012, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Already Mailed her. Hopefully she will be Back Soon.
Good.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2012, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by mazzie ->
Ah......well that's another matter altogether Aerolor. I think a lot of people behave differently on forums than they do in reality. Like I said I'm easy going, avoid confrontation and don't take sides in someone else's arguments, all in all quite a quiet person................. But I think on forums, its slightly different. There's nothing I like better than a good discussion and if I have enough knowledge to contribute to it, I will. And if I feel strongly enough about the subject, I will argue my corner. But even if I've nothing to contribute, I thoroughly enjoy reading everyone's different views of various subjects. I think it's their different outlooks on life that make people so interesting. I see the discussions on forums, not as disagreements between others but as a comparison of everyone's views on the subject in question which is a different thing altogether..............so I'll get involved if I have something to say.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is I'm two different people if that makes sense
I am similar Mazzie - I like a good discussion and reading what other people think about things. I am also fairly quiet and thoughtful, but I can stand my ground if I can be bothered.
I also think maybe people can behave differently on forums than in real life and it is not the same as talking to folks face to face where. There is no facial or body language to help us if we are going wrong or giving offence and, of course, we don't know each other - so I think we have to adopt a bit of a different etiquette on line. The smilies help a bit sometimes.
(By the way - I'm a Jeckyl and Hyde character. Forget what I said above. On this forum I am really only 25 and I have a wonderful figure, umpteen lovers at my command, and a lavish lifestyle on my own exotic island in the sun ).
Now I've gone completely off topic on the thread I put up.

Back to the topic.
I am content with my own company, but I do like people and have worked in a "people" industry most of my working life, where it is important to be part of a team. Sometimes I crave to be on my own and do my own thing and other times I will seek out people to interact with. I don't think I make important alliances easily - I am an observer and a listener and I try to understand most things and situations (within my own limitations). - I sometimes sit on the fence and I don't think sitting on the fence is an appeasement thing or necessarily a negative thing - it's neutral. If a decision needs to be made about which side I am going to be on, I'll sit on the fence a while, weigh things up, make the decision and jump off. Whether it is a decision anyone will follow me with or whether I am on my own depends on what decision I have to make and whether I want anyone with me - I don't always go with the majority but I will adapt and go with the flow, within reason. If you live happily in a group you don't get it all your own way and I am happy to go with the general consensus if I don't want to be on my own with something. Sometimes I lead, sometimes I follow - depends.
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

05-08-2012, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
(By the way - I'm a Jeckyl and Hyde character. Forget what I said above. On this forum I am really only 25 and I have a wonderful figure, umpteen lovers at my command, and a lavish lifestyle on my own exotic island in the sun ).
Do you have room on your exotic island for a littl'un Aerolor?............well, maybe not so little if I'm honest.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2012, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by mazzie ->
Do you have room on your exotic island for a littl'un Aerolor?............well, maybe not so little if I'm honest.
Definitely - the more the merrier Mazzie. No criteria. I have an all female selection committee for screening male requests though - and it depends on their usefulness, committment, good looks and how much money they will bring in with them
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

05-08-2012, 06:39 PM

Sounds good to me................
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2012, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Definitely - the more the merrier Mazzie. No criteria. I have an all female selection committee for screening male requests though - and it depends on their usefulness, committment, good looks and how much money they will bring in with them
Looks like I'm your man then Rena, you other ladies just form an orderly queue.....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top