Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 03:46 AM

Re: Growing Micro Greens

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Pixie micro greens may be small but they yare packed with nutrients and flavour, I just need to stop myself nibbling on them before they are ready
]#

Meg are you growing them indoors or outdoors sound really good will give it ago. Lovely idea and as a salad with everything person may well give it go.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
]#

Meg are you growing them indoors or outdoors sound really good will give it ago. Lovely idea and as a salad with everything person may well give it go.
Hi Kazz I will eventually grow most of them in my mini greenhouse on a west facing wall.
https://www.christowhome.co.uk/chris...reenhouse.html
...but at the moment it is too dull and cold so I have some in the spare bedroom which has good light and some on the kitchen windowsill . On a bright day I pop them out in the mini greenhouse and bring them back in at night.

I am planting radish/celery/spinach leaves today to eat in 2 or 3 weeks time.
Woodsman59
Hayling Island
Woodsman59 is male  Woodsman59 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2021, 08:03 PM

Definitely interesting , will show wife when she finishes watching her weird serial killer film on tv .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 11:03 AM

I am really pleased with the microgreens a great addition to my salads . My favourites are the pea shoots (below) and radish and broccoli leaves.

The latest lot of peas only took 2 weeks to reach eating size now it is lighter and warmer, they are in compost which I am finding better than the moist pads.

Pea shoots almost ready to eat...

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	microherbs.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	15499   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010001.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	15500  
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Mini or not, green coloured veggies are god's warning, "DO NOT EAT" ( I can make an exception for peas)
what about runner beans and other green veg
Bruce stick to driving down dirt roads
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 01:49 PM

I am really pleased with the microgreens a great addition to my salads . My favourites are the pea shoots (below) and radish and broccoli leaves.

The latest lot of peas only took 2 weeks to reach eating size now it is lighter and warmer, they are in compost which I am finding better than the moist pads.

Pea shoots almost ready to eat...

They look very healthy Meg, are you growing them indoors or in your greenhouse?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

14-05-2021, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
They look very healthy Meg, are you growing them indoors or in your greenhouse?
Both Mags the pea shoots are in the kitchen where it is very warm .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 01:57 PM

Both Mags the pea shoots are in the kitchen where it is very warm .
That’s interesting to know. 👍

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top