Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 11:17 PM

Re: Supreme Court orders Trump to hand over his tax returns to New York prosecutors

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysi...-facing/36630/

Prosecutors work on their own timetable, with no interest in our impatience. But with Trump already out of office, haste isn’t what’s important. The key is to build the criminal cases thoroughly enough that they stick at trial. What matters is that Trump will be indicted, arrested, tried, convicted, and imprisoned long before 2024.

Big mistake to set a deadline, one error might be disastrous an unseemly haste might backfire.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 11:32 PM

Re: Supreme Court orders Trump to hand over his tax returns to New York prosecutors

Originally Posted by Bread ->

He didn't even take a salary as president and instead donated all his presidential earnings to charity.

No other president has done that.

...Apart from John F Kennedy and Herbert Hoover....

But there aren't any criminal activities that's you making things up as usual.
I disagree. I see the queue of people waiting to press charges against him, from financial mis dealings, to sexual assualt.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 11:42 PM

All risk being unsuccessful if anything is overlooked.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I disagree. I see the queue of people waiting to press charges against him, from financial mis dealings, to sexual assualt.

They will all fail it's all been tried before. Its more political theater.

The Democrats are terrified of him.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

26-02-2021, 10:24 AM

They will all fail it's all been tried before. Its more political theater.

The Democrats are terrified of him.

A comment in previous article from a retired attorney.

I really am not interested in the tedious, long, on-going investigations. Either charge him or move on. Enough evidence exists right now so waiting to charge means, in my book, as a retired attorney, that they don't have confidence in their case. So again, wake me up when charges are actually filed. Until then updates with no real update are taking up oxygen better used elsewhere.
Intriguing.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
A comment in previous article from a retired attorney.

Intriguing.
Very.

Remember the first impeachment and how long that took ? Sounds eerily familiar.

The people pressing charges have most likely, no idea how business works. I heard all the arguments back in 2016/2017 and none of them stuck.

If anything the democrats should look into Amazon, Twitter, Facebook and Google - problem is, is that they are the people censoring free speech in favour of Biden and Harris.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

26-02-2021, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Didn't know Hoover and Kennedy did the same .. kudos to them
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 05:11 PM

Didn't know Hoover and Kennedy did the same .. kudos to them
Neither did I. Ditto.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

27-02-2021, 10:32 AM

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/22/n...rus-vance.html

In a lengthy and angry statement that included a reiteration of many of his familiar grievances, Mr. Trump lashed out at the Supreme Court and the investigation, which he characterized as “a continuation of the greatest political Witch Hunt in the history of our Country.”

He added: “For more than two years, New York City has been looking at almost every transaction I’ve ever done, including seeking tax returns which were done by among the biggest and most prestigious law and accounting firms in the U.S.

Mr. Trump’s lawyers are likely to argue to prosecutors that Mr. Trump could not have duped Deutsche Bank because the bank, a sophisticated financial player, conducted its own analysis of Mr. Trump’s properties.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...ng/ar-BB1dUNoQ

"The new phenomenon of headhunting prosecutors and AGs - who try to take down their political opponents using the law as a weapon - is a threat to the very foundation of our liberty," Mr Trump wrote. "That's what is done in third world countries."

He then called the investigation fascist.

"Even worse are those who run for prosecutorial or attorney general offices in far-left states and jurisdictions pledging to take out a political opponent. That's fascism, not justice - and that is exactly what they are trying to do with respect to me, except that the people of our Country won't stand for it," he wrote.
Fighting words, very brave or bluster.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

27-02-2021, 08:05 PM

He's right.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top