Join for free
Page 20 of 35 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 05:55 PM

Re: Misled Over Brexit ? Certainly Looks That way !

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Of course it's eminently possible but I wouldn't hold my breath. All a member state has to do is hold a referendum. If the result of that is for leaving the EU, then that country issues an Art 50 notice - just like we did.
Yes, I understand.

Some member states would find it very difficult to extract themselves (eg, Greece) because they owe so much money.

Others wouldn't want to (eg, Czechia) as they receive more money than they contribute.

Then there are those who are benefiting financially from membership even though they may pay in more than they receive in returns, like we did.

I suspect that the most likely ones to leave are those in the third category, but then you can never be sure.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
In a word: no.
Already Brexit has resulted in our vaccination success which in turn is leading to us leaving Covid restrictions earlier than most major developed nations and this in turn is boosting the economy.
Already.
The EU seems to have cocked up good and proper, vaccine wise, but Covid might be a distant memory in five years time.

I will benefit as much as you if you're right, so I don't want you to be wrong, but I can't seem to muster up your optimism.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Others wouldn't want to (eg, Czechia) as they receive more money than they contribute.
The EU's admittance of such countries might be a point on which our views don't differ too much. Just a hunch.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 06:22 PM

If this does happen I will thank my lucky stars that we voted out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak7SHiiNK0Q
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->

One particular comment on there really made me laugh:
"Don't worry: little Tabitha Snowflake and her Guardianista mum will think this is absolutely sooper !!"
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->

It's not as if their actions don't say that this sort of increasing federalism is what they have wanted all along though, so it's no surprise.
A single currency, the plan to harmonize taxes, the insistence to be represented at global economic fora such as the G group meetings alonsgside individual member countries and many other things too strongly suggest that the desire is there even if it isn't a formally-announced plan.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
It's not as if their actions don't say that this sort of increasing federalism is what they have wanted all along though, so it's no surprise.
A single currency, the plan to harmonize taxes, the insistence to be represented at global economic fora such as the G group meetings alonsgside individual member countries and many other things too strongly suggest that the desire is there even if it isn't a formally-announced plan.

They also don't have a choice. Look what happened with the EU constitution... then along came the Lisbon Treaty.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

28-02-2021, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
then along came the Lisbon Treaty.
Don't get me started on the Lisbon Treaty, Bread.

Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Don't get me started on the Lisbon Treaty, Bread.

Ok
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

One particular comment on there really made me laugh:
"Don't worry: little Tabitha Snowflake and her Guardianista mum will think this is absolutely sooper !!"
Yeah, that had me ROFLMAO too

Page 20 of 35 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top