Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 09:42 PM

Re: Captain Sir Tom Moore

Very sad news. A true inspiration to all.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 10:21 PM

A real man a hero of the nation someone who can be looked up to in awe
for what he achieved in his life,
how sad that he was honoured with a Knighthood so late in his life
When so many Wan**** in this country get this award for being cry baby tossers.
RIP Sir Tom.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 10:25 PM

I must admit it brought a tear to my eyes hearing this news, although it wasn't unexpected sadly.

Quote: 'His unrelenting optimism and belief that 'tomorrow will be a good day' endeared him to fans around the world and news of his death prompted a flood of tributes'. unquote

That says it all for me. Such a lovely humble man who deserved to be honoured raising so much for the NHS and spreading his positivity, all with a cheeky twinkle in his eye.

He did so much good at such a great age that puts those constantly winging and whining about their lot to shame.

Bless you Captain Sir Tom.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I must admit it brought a tear to my eyes hearing this news, although it wasn't unexpected sadly.

Quote: 'His unrelenting optimism and belief that 'tomorrow will be a good day' endeared him to fans around the world and news of his death prompted a flood of tributes'. unquote

That says it all for me. Such a lovely humble man who deserved to be honoured raising so much for the NHS and spreading his positivity, all with a cheeky twinkle in his eye.

He did so much good at such a great age that puts those constantly winging and whining about their lot to shame.

Bless you Captain Sir Tom.
Me too Pesta more so because Captain Tom was so my lovely Dad in looks, personality and every way ..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
RIP Cpt. Tom.

Do you know, there was some @rseh*le on Twitter complaining that Tom had been abroad while everyone else was stuck at home self-isolating. A man that has done so much for his country during the war and latterly for the NHS, and he gets abuse like this. What is it with some people?

A friend of mine told me the same Judd.
It was being said he went to Barbados.

Anyway, I was very sad to hear this lovely old chap has now gone. A remarkable man.

It made my cry tonight when they played that song he did with Michael Ball and the NHS choir - 'You'll Never Walk Alone.' I found it very stirring and emotional.

God rest his soul.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 01:28 AM

RIP Tom.
There's no justice in this world.Lesser men have caught it and survived.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 08:42 AM

R.I.P. Sir Tom Moore.

I am proud to have been born a Moore and my grandfather also named Tom.
God bless you Tom for all you did in life, may you now rest in peace. xxx
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 09:45 AM

It is sad that Sir Tom Moore has died, especially for his family.
If people choose to criticize his holiday, perhaps they should remember that the £40million he raised has helped to save many lives... maybe even their own family or friends.

He was 100 years old so his time on earth was limited, but what he achieved, by walking in his garden, leaves us all in debt to a lovely man who will be remembered!
I hope that he has taught all of us that doing a small thing for others, can sometimes result in people of the world following your example.

I like to think that, in the last year of his life, he achieved so much and was rewarded in ways that made him happy.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 10:36 AM

The passing of a hero .
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 01:38 PM

When all said and done, Captain Sir Tom Moore had a long and probably happy life. I say he was fortunate to have such a loving family and carers to support him in his latter years.

RIP Sir Tom.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top