Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 02:27 PM

Re: Cosseted

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
I wasn't around at the start of the human race . But at the start of my time on this earth, no I wasn't ever cosseted.

We were all encouraged to do our best through school (though most of my school reports said 'could do better' ), but we were largely left to our own devices at weekends or school holidays. We'd be out on our bikes roaming through the countryside, catching tiddlers in jam jars, climbing trees, rescuing injured wildlife and trying to nurse them back to health. We'd be missing all day and no-one got in a panic over where we were. There'd be a nice hot meal waiting for us when we finally got home, and a "what have you been doing all day?" conversation.

No helicopter parenting in those days!
Yes, but we had to be home before dark. That was an unbroken rule.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 06:36 PM

Yes, I was cosseted right up until marriage hence my tendency to sneak out the house in the dead of night in my nightdress
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Yes, but we had to be home before dark. That was an unbroken rule.
Oh yes, totally! I can remember many a summer's evening pedalling home furiously to beat the sunset!!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 11:56 PM

There seems to be widespread false sense of security.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Yes, I was cosseted right up until marriage hence my tendency to sneak out the house in the dead of night in my nightdress
We have another member here that still does that.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
There seems to be widespread false sense of security.

Better than no security at all I guess. Maybe not...
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 04:21 AM

I spent my childhood surviving. So no I was definitely not cosseted.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 05:12 AM

Hitler tried to get rid of my on my 4th birthday! A V2 landed not far away and covered my birthday cards with soot from our chimney! I was furious with him! My dad said, "Right ! You've had it Hitler. " And he was right!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
Hitler tried to get rid of my on my 4th birthday! A V2 landed not far away and covered my birthday cards with soot from our chimney! I was furious with him! My dad said, "Right ! You've had it Hitler. " And he was right!

Good on your Dad CM. It took a bit of effort but we got rid of the little gobshite in the end innit!..My dad was at El Alamein. He actually said that he felt strangely thankful that he was up against an honourable enemy in Rommel who wasn't a nazi and hated Hitler. He came Away from the War not full of hate and just happy to have survived it.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 08:07 AM

My old man volunteered, can't begin to understand what dire situation would drive a mid teenager to do that.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top