Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 04:01 PM

Re: Gender Reassignment

When I was sixteen, I knew I liked girls and nothing would ever change that.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by jbr ->
i agree, but what's more such operations should not be done on the nhs. We have enough illness and other health problems in this country, and the nhs is already struggling to cope.

If they want to change their gender, they should pay for it themselves.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by jbr ->
i agree, but what's more such operations should not be done on the nhs. We have enough illness and other health problems in this country, and the nhs is already struggling to cope.

If they want to change their gender, they should pay for it themselves.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Ditto.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

01-03-2020, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Ditto.
Give us a kiss.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 04:13 PM

Give us a kiss.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 07:29 PM

What angers and seriously frustrates me about this is the hypocrisy and bias of the press/media. When ever there is a story which relates to the rights of LGBT being prevented, leaders and spokespeople from LGBT support groups and charities come out of the woodwork to make their point known because the press/media make a point of asking these people for their comments but as soon as we hear stories such as the one which is the main topic of this thread, a woman who has regretted transitioning to a male, suddenly ALL the LGBT voices quiet and the press/media do not go asking them to comment.

What i find interesting in the BBC article is the fact that the woman's lawyers are going to challenge the legal standpoint of a child's 'informed consent' something which contradicts what the LGBT community have been fighting for. Over the years there have been many articles and interviews given by LGBT groups and supporters of LGBT whether it be from the medical profession or politicians in supporting the right of children to decide their own gender but now here we have a lawyer who is going to go to court and argue against everything that the LGBT community have been saying and stand for, just so the woman can win her case against the NHS
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Tess it's understandable that an adult makes mistakes and regrets going ahead with treatments. But this is treatment on a child to prevent changes in puberty. A child is not in a position to understand such an irreversible decision.

I seem to recall from a colleague whose daughter was having a nose job that they have to wait until 18 when the body is fully formed. It's likely to be the same with boob jobs and other cosmetic surgery. In gender reassignment I think 21 is the earliest they should agree to this. They body should be allowed to develop naturally otherwise there are lifelong unknown health and mental well being consequences. They should not be repressing puberty using drugs.
Most right-thinking individuals would probably agree with you but what we have here is the transgender community who will see non-agreement for someone, no matter what age, to be granted treatment as discrimination against their community. Those against carrying out the procedure are publicly vilified on social media platforms and threatened with howling mobs.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 09:34 PM

So you say.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Most right-thinking individuals would probably agree with you but what we have here is the transgender community who will see non-agreement for someone, no matter what age, to be granted treatment as discrimination against their community. Those against carrying out the procedure are publicly vilified on social media platforms and threatened with howling mobs.
I wonder if the trans-community will publicly vilify the lawyer because he/she is going to court to argue that children are not capable of making important decisions such as gender reassignment. The lawyer has to take this approach if they are thinking of trying to win the case against the NHS.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top