Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 06:35 PM

Re: War and remembrance

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thought you meant Mort's naked clog dance for a minute.
Bugger, I must have missed that, can I catch up on it on YouTube?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Bugger, I must have missed that, can I catch up on it on YouTube?

You'll have to ask Mort, she might have removed it now.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 07:00 PM

Double bugger! I felt a sexual frenzy coming on when you mentioned Mort, she is hot!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 07:54 PM

Oh Rehab .. you're lovely.
It's still on youtube
Fill ya boots lad.

But me, Silver Tabby and Mups have more decorum now at our age.

Not sure who the fourth OFF lady member in the little black hat is though.

ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 08:01 PM

Swims, you say, "There is absolutely no glory in War."
Far too many innocents killed."
and I'm sure everyone would agree with you.

I understand your hatred of war being glorified in books and films...BUT a good novel or drama which revolves around the tragedy of families caught up in a war situation is a very different thing surely?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 08:04 PM

I think so ... as long as it's factually accurate it can give a real insight in life and conditions then. If anything it strips away the glory and romanticisation of war and shows the real pain and loss.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

01-10-2017, 08:43 PM

A quote..Those who cling to the untrue doctrine that violence never settles anything would be advised to conjure up the ghosts of Napoleon Bonaparte and of the Duke of Wellington and let them debate it. The ghost of Hitler could referee, and the jury might well be the Dodo, the Great Auk, and the Passenger Pigeon. Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms.

I can’t remember who said it and I may have put it down badly.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Oh Rehab .. you're lovely.
It's still on youtube
Fill ya boots lad.

But me, Silver Tabby and Mups have more decorum now at our age.

Not sure who the fourth OFF lady member in the little black hat is though.

Oh Mort ..... I luv it. Glad you kept a copy.

I think Rehab was hoping we were going to be naked, but he'll have to make do and imagine, can't have him getting too ever-excited poor chap.

I remember rehearsing that, took weeks to get it right didn't it, but weren't we perfection itself in the end.
Can't remember if the one in the black hat was ruthio or May now.....
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oh Mort ..... I luv it. Glad you kept a copy.

I think Rehab was hoping we were going to be naked, but he'll have to make do and imagine.

I remember rehearsing that, took weeks to get it right, but weren't we perfection itself in the end.
Can't remember if the one in the black hat was ruthio or May now.....
Nope..wasn't Me...I never wear black..oh except for My knickers that is
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh my goodness. Only L18 ? ( about $17 USD) That's fantastic ! Rather shocking . I don't know how you did it but, good for you.
I sure hope you will get the entire set.
So, about Winds of War. That has a completely different cast. And I suspect it may make watching "War and Remembrance"difficult. Not to worry. You will find "War and Remembrance" totally fulfilling.

You go, girl. Happy watching

This set arrived yesterday - and have watched disc 1 of 16.
I found the time shifts a little confusing to begin with - but once I became hooked on the storyline it didn't bother me so much. This first disc introduces the main -essential - characters and, as said in the OP, gives insight into all sides of the conflict. To early for me to give an informed opinion but I am looking forward to watching the rest of the series.

Thank you for alerting me to this series, Bakerman.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top