Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 02:36 PM

Re: War of The Worlds

I remember when I heard the musical version by Jeff Wayne for the first time . I listened to it on headphones in the dark and it scared me to death. This is a famous song by Justin Hayward from that classic album with narration by Richard Burton:
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I remember when I heard the musical version by Jeff Wayne for the first time . I listened to it on headphones in the dark and it scared me to death. This is a famous song by Justin Hayward from that classic album with narration by Richard Burton:

Its an album I always have for listening in the car
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Originally Posted by Missy ->
Its an album I always have for listening in the car
I have it as well & listen to it a lot. I would have loved to see the live stage version. They used Ken Bruce to narrate it for that as Richard Burton has passed away, but he is on the CD's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6ckXQoBw2M

This is the Richard Burton version. Don't think they brought the new one out on CD,
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I have it as well & listen to it a lot. I would have loved to see the live stage version. They used Ken Bruce to narrate it for that as Richard Burton has passed away, but he is on the CD's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6ckXQoBw2M

This is the Richard Burton version. Don't think they brought the new one out on CD,
There's been a few variations of this album. Not so long ago they used Liam Neeson as the voice over, which was a perfect bit of casting.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 08:12 PM

Fired up the old steam-powered laptop to post link: http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/bbc-...an-1202745335/
I hope it's a bit Steampunky!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 08:24 PM

I have the original, Richard Burton, Phil Lynott, David Essex, Julie covington and of course Justin Hayward

Im sure I saw that its gone back to the stage recently????
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 10:06 PM

I actually enjoyed the tc version but I like most things sci fi, didn’t know there was going to be a tv version though, will look out for that, there’s a tv version coming on Netflix of lost in space, looks interesting...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 10:31 PM

I found this link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/lat...-of-the-worlds
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I found this link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/lat...-of-the-worlds
Oh-oh .....

"Set in Edwardian England, this new adaptation of H.G. Wells' seminal tale - the first alien invasion story in literature - follows George (played by Rafe Spall) and his partner Amy (Eleanor Tomlinson) as they attempt to defy society and start a life together."

Eleanor Tomlinson was, of course, Demelza in Poldark, a series I never took to .....
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 02:27 AM

" Peter's scripts manage to honour the source material with great skill, but we aim to provide a thoroughly modern thrill ride for the audience, delivering an alien invasion story that will shock and awe audiences across the globe."

Just be true to the book, you plonker ,and they will be shocked and awed enough.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top