Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 09:46 AM

Re: Good morning Tuesday

Good morning everyone, Have a good day, stay safe and well. God bless.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 10:12 AM

Good morning everybody.

Another day in the garden for me - it's lovely & sunny.

RE: The daily walk. Tony & I have our favourite walking spots - quite isolated but we need the car to get there.

May I ask who else on this forum intends using the car to get to their walks - or are you walking in your own area & not using car? I'm unsure about whether it's allowed or not.

Have a good day all.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 10:14 AM

We'll be driving to the forest Carol, it's not far and it's the safest place.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 10:24 AM

Good morning all another beautiful sunny day, supposed to reach 15C today.

It’s Mr Mags birthday today, he will have to make do with phone calls today as we don’t want to risk anyone coming to the door.
We’ll just have a quiet celebration for the two of us.

Spending most of the day in the garden, with garden chairs at the ready for when we need to sit down.

Just received our message from the Government informing us we must stay home ..... this will be our second week of self isolating.

Enjoy your day folks, enjoy the sunshine if you have it in your area .... and above all, stay home, stay safe. xx
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
We'll be driving to the forest Carol, it's not far and it's the safest place.
Thank you Barry. That's the first positive answer I've had.

Listening to the PM's speech last night I thought he said cars were only allowed on the road for essential journeys..

I may have misunderstood. That's why I'm in such confusion.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 12:17 PM

No frost today and bright sunshine but a bracing breeze, out of the door for six thirty and didn't see a soul for the first two miles. There seemed to be just as many cars on the main road making their way to work, there is a wide grass verge between me and them, so I am able to keep my distance.

Another runner coming the opposite direction (I've seen him out loads of times before) we passed the time of day without stopping. Then it was onto the lane where a lady dog walker diverted to the other side of the lane and stood back as I passed. A quick good morning and a knowing glance was the only contact between us.

A couple more dog walkers as I reached the end of the lane but they had taken a path to the right and were almost two fields away. Arrived home in a reasonable time and clean shoes..... The lane is as dry as a bone....

Cleaned my car yesterday out in the sun Bread, might do the inside today if it stays nice. Back lawn needs raking and feeding, it's only small so I might fit that in as well....

Can't see a problem going out in the car Carol, go find some space away from the madding crowd....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 01:42 PM

Have got a skip arriving on Thursday so will be getting my garden and household rubbish into piles ready to chuck in it. You can bet your life that my tight-fisted neighbour next door will ask if he can put some of his stuff in it too. I can see that he's got stuff ready to dump - he just waits for my annual clear-out knowing full well that I always get a skip.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

24-03-2020, 01:43 PM

Thank you OGF.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 04:29 PM

Happy birthday to Mr Maggs.

We went for our perambulation this morning via our local Sainsbugs (for milk and buns) and saw very few people about. The manageress of Sainsbury was angry with a previous customer - overheard her saying to the checker out "I'll permanently ban that woman if she's obnoxious to you next time she comes in". I wonder what happened there? No bog rolls perhaps (they haven't had any for days now)?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2020, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Happy birthday to Mr Maggs.

We went for our perambulation this morning via our local Sainsbugs (for milk and buns) and saw very few people about. The manageress of Sainsbury was angry with a previous customer - overheard her saying to the checker out "I'll permanently ban that woman if she's obnoxious to you next time she comes in". I wonder what happened there? No bog rolls perhaps (they haven't had any for days now)?
Oh God! sorry Mags, Happy Birthday to Mr Mags....

Do people who shop in Sainsburys actually use a toilet Percy...?... A bit posh innit?...

Spent the afternoon with Peter James.....I'm hooked!...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top