Join for free
Page 12 of 15 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 10:51 AM

Re: Flu vaccinations are early this year.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I don't think that I'll catch the flu Vlad, not with my magic mask to protect me..(The lone ranger never caught flu)
But two out of three isn't bad...

Where did I put the brush for my keyboard?
Ah! I found it next to the scissors...
Had my jab weeks ago...I am still coughing
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I spoke to my doctor (on the phone) today.
He again offered me the vaccination and I said I was concerned because whatever they have added this year, seems to be making more people poorly.
He said Yes, but it's still better than having the Flu!
Your choice Mups
I know lots of people personally including my sister /BIL/brother/SIL/niece/neighbours/ many people in my heart support group who have had the flu vaccination this year with no ill effects .
None of them seem to have had even as much as a sore arm but I always do and have ice and massage at the ready.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I had my flu jab on 26th Sept & had a tender red patch, the size of my palm, for 5 days..... but it disappeared by 1st Oct.
I appreciate that some people have unpleasant reactions to them, but they seem to panic, thanks to all the anti flu jab rubbish they can read on the internet.

We have a personal choice about having the flu jab, so if you don't want one, don't have one. I have had one every year, with no real problems & it certainly won't give you flu.
Mups's doctor is right, flu will be much worse than any reaction to the jab!
Hi

I had much the same reaction, which is a good thing as it shows your antibodies are working.

It is a small inconvenience.

If you have flu it affects your immune system and raises the chance of Covid.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Your choice Mups
I know lots of people personally including my sister /BIL/brother/SIL/niece/neighbours/ many people in my heart support group who have had the flu vaccination this year with no ill effects .
None of them seem to have had even as much as a sore arm but I always do and have ice and massage at the ready.

I admit it concerns me either way Meg.

From what I know though, the vaccine only protects against about 4 strains out of the approximate 140-odd strains though.

Every year I ponder on it, but have never had it as yet.
I will give it more thought with the Covid about as well this year though.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I had much the same reaction, which is a good thing as it shows your antibodies are working.

It is a small inconvenience.

If you have flu it affects your immune system and raises the chance of Covid.
I also had the Pneumonia jab a few years ago ( they say you only need it once), because when your immune system is working overtime to get rid of a virus, you can easily get pneumonia. In fact if you don't survive, Pneumonia is often listed as the cause of death!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Morning Mups.....

If I hold my hand over a lighted candle, it won't be as bad as if I stuff it into a fire....So I avoid hot things altogether!

I've never had the flu jab and never caught the flu, so my theory must be working...
And now I wear my mask, I'm pretty much indestructible....
I am with you on this one, Foxy.
Flu jab? Thanks but No Thanks!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 08:30 PM

Out of interest, did any of you that have had the jab get a plaster with it? Tight buggers here don't either bother wiping it first any more let alone give you a plaster afterwards.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am with you on this one, Foxy.
Flu jab? Thanks but No Thanks!
Way to go Arty.....
I wonder if people think that they will be protected from the covid virus if they have the flu jab?
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Out of interest, did any of you that have had the jab get a plaster with it? Tight buggers here don't either bother wiping it first any more let alone give you a plaster afterwards.
You are right No plaster. And...no lollipop for being a brave boy!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
You are right No plaster. And...no lollipop for being a brave boy!
Oh Blimey!! Lollipops, I had forgotten about those. I'm off to write to my MP.

Page 12 of 15 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top