Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jimbo
Aberdeen,UK
Jimbo is male  Jimbo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2012, 11:36 PM

Claw Trimming Time.

Charlie went to the Vets today to have his feet done

Joyce cant handle him when he play fights and therefore gets badly cut.

Its worth the £6.to have him done.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2012, 11:49 PM

Re: Claw Trimming Time.

I need to take Cassie to the vet to have her claws trimmed too. She is forever getting them caught in the carpet. I know many owners clip their own cat's claws but there is no way she would let me do that!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2012, 11:44 AM

I've never clipped Sparky's claws, like your Cassie Mags, he would never allow that anyway!
I've just got up and gone to feel them, lazy lump is stretched on my bed and gave me a dirty look for disturbing him. His claws are OK, he scratches on an old hamper and goes out a lot so must wear the sharp needle pointy bits down?
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2012, 01:51 PM

Never had Poppy's cut either as she was on hard surfaces living in Blackpool.
Jimbo
Aberdeen,UK
Jimbo is male  Jimbo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2012, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Never had Poppy's cut either as she was on hard surfaces living in Blackpool.
Hi Annie my dear......Poppy is obviously an outdoor cat so doesnt need her claws trimmed.

Charlie is an indoor cat walking only on carpet so needs claws trimming.

Couldn`t do it myself because the claws are covered in fur and I would be frightened of cutting past the quick.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2012, 11:54 PM

I'm so glad you mentioned that, James. I've never had any of my cats' claws trimmed because they've always liked to go outside for a mooch about.

An outdoorsy type of cat needs sharp claws to defend itself against another cat, or dog. Having said that, Billie's claws are extremely sharp, but he still comes in with battle scars!

He loves to fight, but my oldies hated confrontation as they'd all been neutered. They regularly got their claws stuck in rugs and it was the divil's own job sometimes to extricate them. It was comical when we had a laminate floor put down in the living room as you could hear them "clicking" around.
Jimbo
Aberdeen,UK

02-05-2012, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
I'm so glad you mentioned that, James. I've never had any of my cats' claws trimmed because they've always liked to go outside for a mooch about.

An outdoorsy type of cat needs sharp claws to defend itself against another cat, or dog. Having said that, Billie's claws are extremely sharp, but he still comes in with battle scars!

He loves to fight, but my oldies hated confrontation as they'd all been neutered. They regularly got their claws stuck in rugs and it was the divil's own job sometimes to extricate them. It was comical when we had a laminate floor put down in the living room as you could hear them "clicking" around.
Hi Mollie you hit the nail on the head.

Over the years we had 7 Tom Cats.....all outdoor boys...Never near a Vet,never had claws trimmed...............Use to come in with battle scars,cuts bruises. Joyce did all the doctoring,warm water with salt used to do the trick.

But Chalie is a pampered Pedigree House cat which suits our domestic situation.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2012, 12:18 AM

None of mine ever saw a vet either, except to be neutered, because they were never poorly. Except for poor old Max. He came in one day looking down in the mouth and I noticed he couldn't sit down properly.

We put him on the settee and very gently had a toot around his bum area. We saw an extremely nasty gash at the root of his tail. Poor lad was taken to the vet who said he'd been bitten badly by another cat so had a course of pills, which cleared it up.

Fortunately, all our previous cats were extremely gentle and I could do anything with them; feeling stomachs, checking ears etc, but not Billie. No Siree! I'd rather go into a boxing ring with Mike Tyson and hope for the best than try anything like that with Billie!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2012, 10:47 AM

We've had Sparky from a kitten, he was neutered very young and he's 14 now. He still fights off any cat who dares to even look his way. We live on a corner and have a tree he sits in to do his spying from. Yes Jimbo, the old salt water comes out often in our house!
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2012, 05:27 PM

All my previous cats were indoor/outdoor so theirs got worn down.

Our Tippy is an indoor cat and we're her second home. I wonder now if she got her name because the tips of her claws always catch on the rug?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top