Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 10:26 AM

The Note..... l Nearly Had A Relapse!

Last week, my two youngest daughters came home from London and Brighton for the weekend. One of them asked if her boyfriend Dan, could stay the night as he had a course the next day locally. I said, yes that would be fine.

I had never met her boyfriend before but he was very nice and respectable. I did embarrass myself at one point when l accidentally called him by my daughter’s ex boyfriend’s name, Jamie! We all enjoyed a nice dinner together and they all had an early night as they were tired from travelling.

It was about 1am, when l was going to bed and l remembered l had forgotten to ask my daughter’s boyfriend if he would take some eggs for my daughter as she was going back on the train and they might get broken in her bag.

I didn’t want to disturb his sleep as he had to leave early the next morning for the course. Instead, l decided to write a quick note and pin it to the front door and leave the eggs nearby.

When l got up the next morning, l saw the eggs had gone and the note was propped up on the radiator. I couldn’t believe what l was reading. Had he added the extra words or did he think that was the note l had left?
I wanted to die on the spot as he must have thought l was some sort of Cougar!

Next thing, my other daughter came out laughing. She had got up early to watch the rugby, seen the note and devilishly added the extra words... Jamie and sexy.

Luckily, he saw the funny side of the joke.

(I have changed mine and my daughter’s names)

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	117A8705-7FF0-4244-8008-585CE94CEA7F.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	10940  
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 10:49 AM

Re: The Note..... l Nearly Had A Relapse!

Hi

Hilarious Art.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 11:03 AM

A likely story.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 11:05 AM

Well done to your daughter Art, I do like someone with a sense of humour!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Hilarious Art.
Swimmy, l can laugh now but at the time l felt sick that he thought l called him, sexy!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

27-10-2019, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
A likely story.
Longy, With friends like you....who needs enemies!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

27-10-2019, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Well done to your daughter Art, I do like someone with a sense of humour!
Mags, lt was my daughter who is a teacher that added the words. She is very funny! (HaHa, not peculiar!)
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Last week, my two youngest daughters came home from London and Brighton for the weekend. One of them asked if her boyfriend Dan, could stay the night as he had a course the next day locally. I said, yes that would be fine.

I had never met her boyfriend before but he was very nice and respectable. I did embarrass myself at one point when l accidentally called him by my daughter’s ex boyfriend’s name, Jamie! We all enjoyed a nice dinner together and they all had an early night as they were tired from travelling.

It was about 1am, when l was going to bed and l remembered l had forgotten to ask my daughter’s boyfriend if he would take some eggs for my daughter as she was going back on the train and they might get broken in her bag.

I didn’t want to disturb his sleep as he had to leave early the next morning for the course. Instead, l decided to write a quick note and pin it to the front door and leave the eggs nearby.

When l got up the next morning, l saw the eggs had gone and the note was propped up on the radiator. I couldn’t believe what l was reading. Had he added the extra words or did he think that was the note l had left?
I wanted to die on the spot as he must have thought l was some sort of Cougar!

Next thing, my other daughter came out laughing. She had got up early to watch the rugby, seen the note and devilishly added the extra words... Jamie and sexy.

Luckily, he saw the funny side of the joke.

(I have changed mine and my daughter’s names)

Brilliant joke Art. Wonderful sense of humour. We could do with more real-life stories like yours to brighten up our day.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 12:46 PM

I would not have liked that...he may have thought me to be some sort of cougar....or a bit Pervy...no offence,Art...just my opinion on it...we are all so different in our thinking aren't we?
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 12:57 PM

Your daughter has a lovely sense of humour Artangel - it's good when our children know that we will see the funny side of things ... even if not always immediately

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top