Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2012, 09:48 PM

Re: Wedding Rings.

I always thought the mother's wedding ring went to the eldest son if there was one.

My husband never wanted one but I've always loved mine...well it's gold and I love gold jewellery.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2012, 04:31 AM

my husband never had one been married 37 years
he never wanted one
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2012, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
I have my late fathers ring on my middle finger. I was made to wait till i'd stopped growing and then it was taken down 9 sizes to fit me.
I think that is a lovely tribute to your father Cassie.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2012, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
When the wife and I went to get our wedding rings,which I thought would be a good idea, I fainted when mine was tried on! The reason I think is, that I can't stand anything like that on my hand. Not one for jewellery of any kind, or tattoos. Mind you what seemed like a bad omen at the time, proved false, as we're coming up for our 36th. anniversary.
36 years John, well done! never thought you were that long married. A lot of Men don't like wearing rings on their fingers, I never wear one around the house, only when I'm going out. You could always try wearing it in your nose,, they wear jewellery everywhere now, and I do mean everywhere..
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2012, 03:50 PM

Jem, if you saw the size of my nose, by god it it would have to be big ring! Apparently that guy Evan Davis on Radio four has got on on his doodah! Here was me thinking, a ring on my finger was bad enough!
rustic
New Member!
USA
rustic is male 

23-05-2012, 12:20 PM

I started wearing a wedding band 5 years ago, when I got married again (2nd marriage). Refused to wear one when I was young and dumb the 1st time. But things are different this time around and I enjoy the symbolism and the commitment. I even enjoyed buying the ring online with my wife. She helped me pick it out of course. It's the first ring on the page:

It took me a long time to mature though. I really only started maturing emotionally in my early 40s. What can I say?
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

23-05-2012, 01:34 PM

My wedding ring was quite modern for its time and not really very comfortable. A few years down the line I bought a thin gold band which suffices. My husband didn't bother with a wedding ring. I had a nice engagement ring, but haven't worn it for years, and I am not sure where it is! The only ring which really has any value for me is my father's ring with our family crest on it which I got when he died. I wear that all the time not because it belonged to my father but because of our family history.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 02:50 PM

My Daughter wears both my Wedding and Engagement Rings, When I split with him I was going to sell them but Regan asked me for them so she wears them on her right Hand. My Mum is still alive and wearing hers.....so I don't wear any rings at all, just a thick Gold T-Bar neck chain that My Laird took off his neck and put around mine when we became a couple.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 03:29 PM

I wear no wedding rings and usually no ornamentation at all - occasionally ear-rings, but thats about all. Engagement and wedding rings have been upstairs in a drawer for the best part of 45 years. Neither of us wears a ring.
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 04:58 PM

I can't wear a wedding ring because my left ring finger is deformed. Probably prescient since my marriage ended after 12 years.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top