Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2012, 07:11 AM

Re: Family spoiling a special party ..

I sure hope that your day turns out to be one your son will enjoy and cherish.

Like they say Steve, you can choose your friends but not your family.
If someone had said to me de-invite them and I will come, my reply would have been sorry your not invited.
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2012, 08:22 AM

I think I would reply to that person that all the family is invited as they are all family, and if they can't put their squabbles to one side for one day to celebrate your son's birthday, then maybe they made the right decision not to attend.
Silver Surfer
Manchester UK
Silver Surfer is female  Silver Surfer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2012, 11:37 AM

If they can`t put aside their differences for one day to help your son celebrate his special day they are not worth worrying over .I hope he has a lovely day with the people he loves and are worthy of the invitation .
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2012, 08:09 PM

Hi all ....Thanks for the replies.....Despite all the arguments which still raged until the last minute the people he especially wanted to come finally decided to turn up but that was only after he took the bull by the horns and let rip at them ....he obviously hit a nerve I would have preferred to kick their a#ses lol.....After all that he had a brilliant night plenty of food and drink the night was flawless except my camera decided act up so i didn't get all the pics i wanted..... dare i post a picture or two ????? .....we'll see.....
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2012, 08:56 PM

I'm glad everything went well eventually, Steve.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2012, 09:44 PM

I'm glad for all sakes that things went so well. Family can be a real pain sometimes.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2012, 07:24 PM

Good for your son Steve, although he should not have had to do that. I expect he shamed them a bit? So happy it all went well for everyone, he deserves it.
We had a family get together on Sunday. As usual my daughter spoilt it. There were eleven of us here to celebrate the birth of her baby boy on Tuesday. Big Sunday roast, the works. Half way through the meal she upped sticks to go and collect a mate who'd been done for drink driving! Left her two little girls and the baby here and didn't return until almost 10pm. My son and his family stayed for as long as they could but the children needed to get home for bed, school in the morning. How I kept my mouth shut when she collect them I don't know. It only makes things worse for the oldest girl if I speak up. She's been like this for years, I cried for them when they left.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2012, 08:04 PM

Families ...lol.... i have a sister who tells everyone she hates me ...she has poisoned her children against me which has caused endless trouble as both her and her children (who are all grown up) goad me and generally are plain rude to myself and my family....I have tried several time ask her to end all the arguments , but she said "I dont want to"........why you might say ....she is holding a grudge against me over the fact we where sibling rivals ....nearly 45 years ago ...stupid or should i say a plain ignorant ##@@@ ...lol

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top