Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

22-05-2012, 06:59 PM

Re: Worst Shop on the High Street.

Originally Posted by maryl ->
I can personally vouch for Lush, well done to them. They started off here in Poole, they are all youngsters, happy in their work, happy to help but not in your face.
Halfords - well! We went in their to buy a bike I had seen on their website. I'd printed it off, picture and all and showed it to them. It wasn't in the store so I asked if they could order it in for me please and we would come and collect it. Got told 'order off the internet, we don't do that'. Then he turned away from us. The place was empty, rude sod!
So I went to Amazon!

What is Lush?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2012, 07:01 PM

I was just wondering that too Willow lol.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2012, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
What is Lush?
Soap I think and fruit scented smellies? There is one in Worcester or should I say was when I last ventured there in 2011.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2012, 07:04 PM

Lush hand make cosmetics, toiletries etc. They campaign against all animal cruelty across the world and peacefully demonstrate against fox hunting, fur trade etc.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2012, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
What is Lush?
Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I was just wondering that too Willow lol.
It's a shop that makes and sells Bath and hair, skin care, fragrances, soap, and gift boxes.

https://www.lush.co.uk/
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2012, 07:10 PM

Our local Lush is right down the end of the high street, in the old part of Poole. Big stone step to get up inside, heavy uneven floorboards, beams on the ceiling, it's like an Aladin's cave in there and the smell is heaven. Now they have another in Poole on a local trading estate and more elsewhere in the UK.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

23-05-2012, 08:20 AM

Apart from Nivea moisturising cream I am quite happy with my supermarket brand of shampoo, shower wash and anti-bac handwash.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 09:45 AM

I dont like going into supermarkets anymore unless it is very early in the morning as there are usually too many people in the store either blocking isles talking, blocking the shelf you want to by at by their trolley, (you can let go of it no one is going to pinch it) or letting kids run around and get in the way.
I was disgusted on sunday and very shocked when i went into Next to order something to be delived into the store to be treated very off hand and rudely by the male assistant who did not want to help me and said he couldnt get on the computer, then it was out of stock and cannot order it and left it at that. The assistant next to him looked a couple of times to see what was going on but said nothing.
My husband was furious that i did not pull him up on his rudeness or report him, i was also shocked at myself for keeping quiet.
I then went into Argos and could not have been better treated by the male assistant who smiled and welcomed me was very pleasant and helpful. I could not help noticing the difference in attitudes.
When i got home i was going to keep an eye out for when the item was next in stock on the Next website but by husband told me that i was not to even think of giving my money to a store that treats customers this way.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 11:12 AM

The worst shop in the world for getting served is LIDL. There is never more than one person on the till at anytime. They might open other somewhat grudgingly, if there is a conga line being formed. I'm not a fan of those self sevice tills in Tesco etc, but if you only have a few items, they would be ideal.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

23-05-2012, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by John ->
The worst shop in the world for getting served is LIDL. There is never more than one person on the till at anytime. They might open other somewhat grudgingly, if there is a conga line being formed. I'm not a fan of those self sevice tills in Tesco etc, but if you only have a few items, they would be ideal.
I wouldn't wish to shop in those awful cheapo places like Aldi and Lidl!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top