Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 11:54 PM

Re: Well Well Well

Looks like you had good weather then Wrinkly...you were lucky. I've seen Dolphins too and Seals when I'm doing the Ferry Crossings BUT I'd love to spot a Whale, not seen one so far and I do the Shetland Crossing twice a Year when we go to Lerwick for the Fire Festival "Up Helly Ah". My Favourites are The Puffins that nest on the Cliffs not far from us, they are lovely and as curious about me as I am about them. Got this Pic not so long ago. They are here now and the young are starting to be born...not that we'll be able to see then till they come out of the deep Nest Tunnels the Adults make.

marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Hahaha I thought that too when I first saw the photo, but then I thought .... there was no clouds like that. so I looked again and that grey at the top is actually the part of my Windscreen that's darker to keep the Sun out of my eyes while I'm driving. I was parked up in a Passing Place while I had a Coffee. Look Closer and you'll see too.
Ha ha I also thought it was cloud so had to go back for another look. I would dearly love to visit the Highlands, one day I will
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
Ha ha I also thought it was cloud so had to go back for another look. I would dearly love to visit the Highlands, one day I will
You won't regret it I can assure you. To me the Scottish Highlands are the best Place on Earth.....But then I'm Highland to the Core lol
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

24-05-2012, 01:17 PM

The Highlands aren't too bad, although the midges are awful. However nothing beats my island home.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

24-05-2012, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
The Highlands aren't too bad, although the midges are awful. However nothing beats my island home.
The Midges are a right P.I.T.A. alright, they flock around our Clydesdales heads and drive then Nuts. It gets so bad at times that Bonnie has to wear a special Head Piece that stops them getting into her Eyes.
When I used to Smoke I found the Blasted Wee Perishers never came near me if I had a lighted Ciggy, now they are all over me if I sit outside in the Evening.
The Highlands are my Home, and I'm sure we all have our Special Places in the World.....Mine just happens to be where I live. I do go away at times, but am always so glad to see those Moors and Mountains again.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
You won't regret it I can assure you. To me the Scottish Highlands are the best Place on Earth.....But then I'm Highland to the Core lol
Yes I know! Looked it up on Google maps and I'm 283 miles from Inverness

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top