Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 03:10 PM

Re: Are pets objects?

Nor would I Dog Lover, I simply thought this Thread was about Possessions not Pets or Family.
I didn't mean to start all this fuss, I will say however if someone didn't like animals and Bad Mouthed my Dogs or Horses to me ....Then they'd likely get a Clip round the Ear. My Amimals are a Very Important part of my Life and are part of the Family as far as I'm concerned. They are not thought of as Possessions and never will be.
To me Treasure is an object.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 03:16 PM

Humans are living things, animals are living things .... both breathe, eat, exctrete, reproduce ....... but I wouldn't call my husband my possession!
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 03:17 PM

Maybe the thread should have been entitled Treasured Possesions which would have meant just objects. I think because it is entitled Treasure it implies what means most to you and in this case it is my dogs. I know that will not be the case for everyone and I accept that but I will not accept animals being called objects or possessions and in that Willow is wrong but I don't suppose she will admit it. There you go.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Humans are living things, animals are living things .... both breathe, eat, exctrete, reproduce ....... but I wouldn't call my husband my possession!
Very well put Mags living things are not possessions and never will be
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
An animal is NOT a child, and whilst it shouldn't be ill-treated it is only an animal and a possession!
Aren't humans "only" animals then folks. A bit higher up the chain and with supposedly higher intelligence, but still animals in biological, flesh and blood terms and we all have many common functions and needs. I really don't get this humans are superior and separate from everything else on this earth attitude at all.
The Dog Lover
Watford

23-05-2012, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Aren't humans "only" animals then folks. A bit higher up the chain and with supposedly higher intelligence, but still animals in biological, flesh and blood terms and we all have many common functions and needs. I really don't get this humans are superior and separate from everything else on this earth attitude at all.
Well said Rena
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 04:23 PM

My dogs have always been the most important things to me, they always came first, were fed first, before my children and husband. Now make of that what you will.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 07:18 PM

On second thoughts dont bother,I shall notbe here. This used to be a happy place.Thanks Azz for allowing me to be here.I wish a lovely summer to my friends.Anniem
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 07:23 PM

Annie, oh no you don't, you stay right here with us! You are far too precious to lose. I might not reply to you much but you always give me a smile and I believe in most of what you say, especially here in this thread. x
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria

23-05-2012, 07:33 PM

Its easy to worry about being an old fool and a nuisance to younger people I dont want to be that,I was thinking it was time for me to go really.Thanks Maryl.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top