Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 04:49 AM

Have a Great Friday Folk.

This is the Watzman mountain taken at Berchtesgarten in Bavaria, Germany. By the way, do any of you computer whizzkids know how long a computer battery should last? I've had this computer about a year and already it needs a replacement battery as the charge in this one only lasts about 20 mins.
Jimbo
Aberdeen,UK
Jimbo is male  Jimbo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 05:43 AM

Re: Have a Great Friday Folk.

Good Morning Alan and any others who follow.
Hope you all have a pleasant day .

Alan..no idea about the battery life......I keep my laptop which is only 6 months old plugged in all the time keeping the battery well charged up.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 07:16 AM

Good morning Alan, Jimbo and everyone else

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV_Hwi56FJY

Another nice summer day and we have not reached June yet. Mother natures creatures were up and about singing at 4:00am this morning which I am sure started the Peacocks shouting and also the Owls calling to one aanother, even a Cuckoo was trying to sound the loudest, that was the end of my sleeping. Walking down the bridle path we came across a very young rabit which was lost, it must have been lost because it kept running around in circles until I went closer and then it did an imitation of the road runner.

Plans for todays after a check up at the doctors are to take a short walk along the shore at Mawbray before having lunch with friends and spending the afternoon with them before a night of merriment at a retirement bash.

I borrowed this from my daughter because I think it is a fantastic picture.

Alan you should get at least three years out of a laptop battery but it all depends on how you use it and re-charge it.
All re-chargeable batteries need to be drained regularly because if they are re-charged when only partly used they tend to develope a memory for the charge that is in the battery and therefore only get a part charge in them not a full charge.

Have a great day everyone and do you remember when you felt like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmUwQ...eature=related
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 07:52 AM

Good Morning All, There's quite a Mist rolling in from the Sea this Morning, can't even see the Coast. It should be another Scorcher though once this burns off.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 09:14 AM

Good morning fellow members . Another beautiful day, it is already warm but with a fresh breeze.

I have baby Hannah all day today. She is having a doze at the moment,when she wakes we will take Chloe for a walk .

Have an enjoyable day everyone .
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 09:56 AM

Think this is either Corpach, or Crinnan Canal (can't remember where I took it)

Good Morning Folks Yesterday was far too hot - 26C - poor Loki panted the whole day! I could only take her out at 10 pm last night and even then it was too hot! Couldn't sleep during the night either! I hate it when it is too hot!

16C so far but nice and cloudy with a lovely cool wind! Loki has been lying out on the veranda since before 7 am this morning - I nearly joined her

Hope you all enjoy a lovely day.

Lovely photos, Alan and Bob. And the links as well Bob - many thanks for sharing.

Take care and stay safe
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 10:18 AM

Good morning everybody and another lovely one it is too

Bonnie's been walked and is now resting in her bed. I haven't told her yet but later on today she's off to the seaside! I have to go to Silloth a small seaside town on the west coast and afterwards will take her for a paddle which she'll love.

AB, I love Mawbray, its my favourite place along that stretch of coastline and I've captured many sunsets there I'll be near there later on!

Hope Loki has a better day today. I don't know what its like where you are but we have more of a breeze today which has cooled it down a bit.

Nice photos again. Enjoy the rest of the day folks
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 11:35 AM

Good morning all what a beautiful day, we could reach a possible 28ºC here in the SW this afternoon. Ideal weather for sitting beside a trickling stream somewhere in the countryside

Lovely photos again folks!

Enjoy your day and weekend ahead everyone!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 12:30 PM

Good morning all. I can't honestly tell you what sort of day lies ahead. One weather source calls for morning rain and another says there will be no rain until the afternoon. It's a crazy area in which to live. I took a drive Wednesday and had to turn around due to the heavy snow falling. It dropped to freezing temperatures half way up the mountain. It was 11C at the base.

Either way I want to go somewhere today to use the new camera. It may be the Portland Zoo again as I haven't been there since getting the camera. Have a great weekend folks.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 12:58 PM

Yes Bob, go to the zoo, we love your animal photos.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top