Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2015, 12:09 AM

Re: 35 Years ago today.

I was never a fan of his music but it was a great shock nonetheless. You thought (and still do really) that celebrities were invincible and nothing like that would happen to them, but why can't it?

It's like the Royal Family, someone could easily sneak a gun into one of the "public visits" and shoot the Queen. Sure, they would in turn be immediately shot to pieces by the security but the Queen would still be dead.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2015, 12:12 AM

I'm another one who's shocked to hear it was 35 years ago.
I was on a camping trip in Australia, and when we got back to the campground just everybody was standing around talking about it. I couldn't believe it.
We played a lot of the Beatles songs that night.
yani
yani is female 

31-12-2015, 07:29 PM

I was giving my baby a bath while listening to the radio when I had heard the shocking news of John Lennon's death. I will never forget that moment in time.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top