Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 07:25 PM

Re: Planning for next year

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Anyone got any Snowdrops or other early bulbs out yet?

I saw my first little Anemone Blanda in bloom today. A lovely little bright blue face amongst all the bare twigs and mud!

I've also got one early red Camelia just bursting open too. I hope it doesn't turn bitter cold towards the end of winter and kill these things.
No greenery re the snowdrops but I have a couple of little flowers on my camellia and it's tipped to get colder next week, I hope that doesn't affect it.
I still have a little plant that seems to have been flowering forever, no idea what it is.

I bought myself a Hammamelis (witch hazel) for Christmas so hopefully that will be in flower soon. Been after one for ages but they're a bit expensive.. but what the heck !
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 07:29 PM

I have daffs nearly out, hellebore and primulas too. Daffs were out along the road before Christmas. The roses have flowered not stop, I actually picked some for indoors at Christmas. Weird goings on.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 12:32 AM

Just found my first snowdrops out today. I was chuffed.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 02:28 PM

Lucky you Mups ,Ive looked at mine and they are about 4 inches out of the ground but no flowers as yet
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 03:39 PM

Seed catalogue arrived today! Yum yum!
tina
Lincolnshire
tina is female  tina has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2016, 05:47 PM

Just seen my first snow drops but primroses have been blooming for a couple of weeks , bluebells and daffs well on their way. but I still have chrysanthemums blooming and I am worried that the bad weather we have on the way will kill them of compleatly.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2016, 09:52 PM

I have a lot of Carnations in bud and soon ready for blooming, really does seem as if we are in for an early Spring! What a lovely thought.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2016, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bob.b ->
I have a lot of Carnations in bud and soon ready for blooming, really does seem as if we are in for an early Spring! What a lovely thought.

Are they outside Bob, or in a greenhouse?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

15-01-2016, 11:46 PM

Has anyone ever had a Hippeastrum/Amaryllis, and got it to flower a second year? If so, how did you do it?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 04:58 PM

Remember I said the Council were refurbishing the broken/raised beds on the allotment, and offered to do mine and anyone else's? My friend told me yesterday that apparently the Salvation Army will be using the middle ones, (the broken concrete ones) and they hope to take them on at the end of March! She and another committee member met a chap showing the site from outside the gate to his little girl, and spoke to him.

So what this means is...the works will be carried out soon! That means I can get stuff sown the summer.

We are led to believe they will be used by disabled and the needy. About time I had new neighbours. These beds have been out of use for a number of years.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top