Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 06:50 PM

Re: Be careful with dogs and kids!

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Actually I would prefer quite a few humans were put down like the ones that rape and murder little girls and boys .
They are less important than than the lowliest of animal species .
Absolutely ...!!!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
And I assume you would feel no sympathy for an animal that was having toys poked down it's ears, fingers poked into it's eyes, tail pulled, fur pulled, it's back ridden on, kicked, smacked, and screamed at?
This is frequently what humans expect a dog to put up with.

Then suddenly the dog turns . . . well blow me!
A cat would lash out with it's claws.
A pony would bite or kick.
Humans would defend themselves also.
Why shouldn't a dog?

If only all parents, and even schools, taught kids how to behave round animals and understand the warning signs when an animal has had enough - especially in heat like we've experienced this summer.

I cannot comment further on this particular case, as I was not there and have no idea of the circumstances leading up to the dreadful ending . I can only say how tragic for all concerned.

Excellent post, Mups.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Excellent post, Mups.

Thanks very much Tabs.
I meant every word too.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 02:40 AM

apologize for the age mistake - yes the poor little girl was 14 mths -we still today have no further information and may not for sometime. the family will be in shock and mourning .

the breed of dog will give clues about it's attack maybe. It was a German wirehaired pointer. a hunting dog which needs plenty of daily exercise and only respond well to the owner being strong [the alpha male syndrome] - once the dog has acknowledged the 'boss' it will respond well to him/her but sees all others as lower in the pecking order. It may well be that the dog thought it was competing for food or attention with the little girl.

Our own dog is large and tall and did at one point in excitement knock over our small granddaughter - once children are immobilized like that on the ground they can so easily be mauled.

this dog in question was a strong dog who needed plenty of exercise and the breed is recognized as 'gun dogs' for hunting -NOT playing or competing with 14mth old kids
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 05:09 AM

Some people are not fit to keep dogs and some dog breeds are not fit to be pets. The dog should be put down that's for sure and the owners should be banned from keeping dogs...unfortunately we can't also ban them from having kids.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 05:24 AM

Have you seen the latest trend of wolf dogs ?
They are very large and somewhat nervy -not a good combination IMO .
The reputable breeders say they only sell to responsible owners.
But anyone can breed a wolf lookalike and no doubt will and sell them to anyone who has the cash.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 05:35 AM

I'm not at ease with some dogs and they do sense that....I would certainly not want a wolf dog around me. I wonder how they assess a responsible owner?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Have you seen the latest trend of wolf dogs ?
They are very large and somewhat nervy -not a good combination IMO .
The reputable breeders say they only sell to responsible owners.
But anyone can breed a wolf lookalike and no doubt will and sell them to anyone who has the cash.

When I had my Shepherds, a chap once rang me and wanted to use one of my boys on his Husky or Akita bitch (can't remember which it was now).

I said No.

Why would they want to do a cross like that?
Two very large, powerful dogs, both working breeds.

I know many people would just grab the stud fee and say nowt, but I didn't want to do a mating like that.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 09:30 PM

Why is it always the dog to blame?Every time someone is attacked by a dog it is 'put down,' It may be a normally gentle,loving pet ,it may have been tormented by a child,but through 1 mistake it has to lose its life.Its WRONG
.I have had dogs most of my life & had them when my sons were born & growing up,none ever hurt the children ,but I never left the dog alone with them as babies & as toddlers the children were not allowed to torment the dog,it was made clear to them that the dog had its corner where they were never allowed
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 02:03 AM

My dad, who is responsible for my love of dogs, once took me by the arm before the kids came home and made me promise I would never leave them alone with the dogs when the kids were little. He was as serious as a judge, and I promised.

I think what is going unsaid with this story is the hundreds of thousands of times throughout history that dogs have taken abuse and mistreatment WITHOUT turning on the one inflicting the cruelty. Pearl, my pitbull mix who is still traumatized by the cruelty she endured, still pricks her ears and looks hopefully when pickup trucks go by. The last time she saw her previous owner, she was being grabbed cruelly by the ears and thrown out of a moving vehicle.

Which species inflicts more murder, pain, and cruelty?

It sure isn't dogs.

While this is more meant for the political forum but when it comes to rape, murder, abuse of children and animals, I am all for corporal punishment and the death penalty. Let's put THEM down.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top