Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 02:23 AM

One Year: Thank You.

I just realized I have been on the forum for a year!

When I first joined, I had just adopted Ranger, the one-eyed-dog who needed round-the-clock care. More, Ranger's recovery came at a time in which I was barely coming into the light (blinking and as pale as one of those deep-ocean transparent creatures), having spent five years of talking to almost no one while taking care of my daughter. This place provided me with some contact during a time in my life that was anything but easy.

I just wanted to take a minute to say how much I enjoy this site - your humor (yes, that is the correct spelling ), kindness, support, perspectives and online friendship. I think I have gained much more than I have given for which you all have my sincerest gratitude.

Now, excuse me while I go set someone straight in the political forums .

Thanks to each one of you.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 05:35 AM

Re: One Year: Thank You.

Aw, Surfermom (I call you by your avatar name in the general threads!), I think you will find that each and every single one of the members at OFF would be touched by your post here. I know what health problems you have faced with your daughter being so poorly over the years and how you have both managed to get through most of it now. That is a credit for your natural motherly love for your daughter and her sheer willpower and determination to survive all of that pain and subsequent treatment to make her recovery such a wonderful event. Credit to you too, you are a wonderful mum and a lovely person.

Your posts on here, especially in the exercise thread we so enjoy posting in, are always such a delightful read. Your intellect shines through so much and you clearly relish your time to run and reflect on your life at the time, plus the beauty of your location takes you away to another place of inner peace no doubt.

You have some excellent threads and posts, you don't seem to whinge and moan like so many of us and you are an great asset to the forum. keep the posts coming and Happy 1st Birthday
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 05:58 AM

Hi

You are an inspiration and a revelation Surfer.

Intelligent, articulate, talented and a very good debater.

You are never personally offensive and have a good sense of humour.

You are a pleasure.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 06:07 AM

I agree with everything Floydy and Swimfeeders have said - and would just add - I think you are a lovely person and it is a pleasure to know you.

Happy 1st anniversary - may you be with us for many more!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 06:33 AM

Wow that year went so quickly!

I remember Ranger coming to you home & was so pleased you decided to keep him. I knew your daughter was ill and, although I didn't read what what her problem was, I am pleased she has recovered. I often think that most health problems ( human or animal) improve with a bit of love from the people doing the caring, and you have certainly given lots of that.

I have certainly enjoyed you company on here...... because you offer intelligent discussion, rather than arguments, so perhaps many of us would like to say " Thank you for joining this site."
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 06:40 AM

Thank you Surfermon that was a lovely message to us all and we all think a lot of you. Yes I remember Ranger joining you.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 06:46 AM

Morning Surfermom, pleased to have you aboard.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 07:56 AM

Well your a great addition to the forum, excellent poster.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 08:35 AM

Yes, l agree with all of the above.
Surfermom, You always come over as a ‘very nice’ person. You care about people and animals too.

Let’s celebrate......

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	A41A6F47-2077-4D93-8D17-A4EC4094CF2A.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	6672  
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I just realized I have been on the forum for a year!

Thanks to each one of you.
Well done, you must be the longest lasting Yank this forum has ever had. This mob has scared off the all the previous ones. Good on ya!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top