Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 08:03 PM

Playing the race card

There are many people who throw the word "racist" around in an attempt to make others look like they are filled with hate.

The liberals have decided that if someone says anything negative about a person who happens to be of a particular racial group, then that is "proof" of racism.

Now, everyone knows that there are some pretty dumb people in the world. No, argument there, right ?

Question: Is it reasonable to understand that some of those dumb people are white ? And black " And brown ?

Again, it should be obvious that dumbness is not confined to just one group. There is plenty of stupidity in all racial groups.

Last week Pres Trump tweeted that he just watched an interview with LeBron James and a TV interviewer by the name of Don Lemon. In that tweet president Trump said that LeBron James (a black man) was not very bright.

The leftist media are now going hysterical over the tweet.

Ok, not very kind of the president, but does his tweet rise to the level of racism ? I think not.

In todays world, it seems that if any white person says anything negative about a member of a different racial group then the speaker is automatically racist.

Moreover, it is obvious that some people "of color" say some pretty nasty things against whites, but I don't hear the media rising up in arms about that and calling the person of color racist. Can only whites be racist ?

This, in my opinion, is playing the race card and it is wrong to do so unless the speaker has used a racial epithet or says "all ****'s are criminals" Or "all **** are stupid" etc
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 09:24 PM

Re: Playing the race card

It is a well known fact, at least in our country, that 'racism' only works one way.

Basically, 'people of colour' cannot be accused of racism.

'People of pink colour' are the only ones who CAN be racist.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 10:03 PM

I have said that I hope to see the day when you can call a black idiot a "black idiot"
The same as you might call a ginger or a baldy a bald idiot or ginger idiot.

I don't think it will happen anytime soon though.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
I have said that I hope to see the day when you can call a black idiot a "black idiot"
The same as you might call a ginger or a baldy a bald idiot or ginger idiot.

I don't think it will happen anytime soon though.
100% agree with you (for a change).......
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 10:25 PM

IMO, those who often use the race card, are doing so for one of two reasons. Either they want to silence the speaker or they are attempting to make people feel guilty when there is no guilt to begin with.

Example: I am responsible for my behavior, not the behavior of ancestors who lived hundreds of years before. I see absolutely no reason to feel guilt about what other Americans did, or did not do, 150 years ago.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
IMO, those who often use the race card, are doing so for one of two reasons. Either they want to silence the speaker or they are attempting to make people feel guilty when there is no guilt to begin with.

Example: I am responsible for my behavior, not the behavior of ancestors who lived hundreds of years before. I see absolutely no reason to feel guilt about what other Americans did, or did not do, 150 years ago.
I agree - the past is just that.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 10:37 PM

I quite often think of some on here as white trash
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I agree - the past is just that.
Seconded.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

04-08-2018, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
I quite often think of some on here as white trash
Oooh, that's naughty Missy.

You can't call people white trash unless you're non-white. You know that!
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 10:50 PM

So you don't accept "white privilege" ?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top