Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2018, 10:55 PM

Re: Moving House

My son is just buying a house in Otley… he asked me to take a look at it and give my opinion so I went to see it today.

Whilst I was driving slowly looking for the house number a woman pulled me over and asked me if I was lost.... I told her I was looking for the house number of the house for sale.... oh she said well we have had a lot of burglaries and I was just checking... obviously I look like a burglar!!

So pleased its going through at last swims... its about time!!

Sorry you are back to square one Susie … that's grim
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
My son is just buying a house in Otley… he asked me to take a look at it and give my opinion so I went to see it today.

Whilst I was driving slowly looking for the house number a woman pulled me over and asked me if I was lost.... I told her I was looking for the house number of the house for sale.... oh she said well we have had a lot of burglaries and I was just checking... obviously I look like a burglar!!

So pleased its going through at last swims... its about time!!

Sorry you are back to square one Susie … that's grim
Do burglars have a special look about them?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 05:10 PM

Susie , I am disappointed for you, and hope the cottage works out in the long run. I would think that in the summer months that there would be a lot of interest home purchasing - especially before school starts back up - so I am hopeful for you!.

Nice job standing your ground, Swimfeeders. We had the reverse encounter when the seller's real estate agent attempted to create a phony bidding war. When we discovered what was going on, we let the offer lapse, put in a new one for $20K less, told the seller's agent we knew what he was up to, and that the sellers had 24 hours to accept or we were finished. They accepted. Even better, the seller's agent had an ethics letter filed against him to help ensure that he and others didn't try such nonsense again.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Do burglars have a special look about them?
I doubt they look like respectable over fifties ladies driving about in the day .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 05:54 PM

Hi

All sorts of things when you are moving.

Car Insurance has gone up £160 a year, house insurance, for a much smaller house, up £140.

It is all down to postcodes and crime rates, far fewer crimes in a small village.

I will have to get used to the traffic as well, here in the village a traffic jam is three tractors on the crossroads.

I will also have to get used to locking my house and car doors, never bother here.

Staying in for deliveries will be another thing, here they just leave them by the front door.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 05:58 PM

Still there are advantages you are not so isolated as in a village .
I live in a village if you don t have a car you are sunk -well there is a bus but it's infrequent .
I seem to be the person who signs for everyone's parcels ( no one is ever in)
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Still there are advantages you are not so isolated as in a village .
I live in a village if you don t have a car you are sunk -well there is a bus but it's infrequent .
I seem to be the person who signs for everyone's parcels ( no one is ever in)

Hi

Very true Muddy, life was hell when I could not drive for a while.

That was one of the big reasons for moving, I can just walk to things in the new house.
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

10-08-2018, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I will also have to get used to locking my house and car doors, never bother here.

Staying in for deliveries will be another thing, here they just leave them by the front door.
Funnily enough, I was just thinking the same thing about moving from where I am now back to the UK. Will have to get back into the habit of locking things...

Hope it works out well for you.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->

Well if you will wear stripy jumpers and carry a bag marked 'swag' !!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

11-08-2018, 10:48 AM

Hi

The saga continues.

Found out this morning removal company I had booked could no longer do the move on Thursday, admin error they said.

Spent a frantic time ringing round and now got someone, but paying through the nose for it.

They don't move fish tanks either, so now got to find someone to do that as well.

I will be so glad when this is all over.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top