Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 02:55 AM

Where's the last place you've holidayed?

Where's the last place you've holidayed and what did you think of it? Feel free to post pics!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 09:20 AM

Re: Where's the last place you've holidayed?

I'm just back from Sweden - Uppsala and Stockholm. I'll post some pics shortly, whenever Photobucket finishes its Routine Maintenance

Ah - here goes
Stockholm is the most beautiful capital city. I think it's built on 13 islands, so there is water everywhere. There are also lots of islands, many of which are inhabited, forming an archipelago out towards the Baltic. Ferries run to those islands and there are a lot of tourist boats offering trips too

The Gamla Stan, or Old City, was built on one island. Much of it remains as it was in the 14/15 century

Hope that's not a pic overload
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 09:48 AM

...and here's the remainder of my post - I hadn't realised we are restricted to 4 images max. I'll have to remember for the future

And this is me - back and front!

Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 04:06 PM

I am off to Houston tomorrow for 3 weeks, this is my 3rd visit, love the place, but not sure how I will cope with the heat though...:rolleyes:
dinahsmum
SW England

06-08-2009, 04:09 PM

Tomorrow!?
I hadn't realised it was so soon
Have a lovely time
Coincidentally when we did our guided tour round Stockholm's Gamla Stan on Monday we were in the company of a retired couple from Texas. They both agreed that the 25C full sun of Sweden was "beautifully mild"
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 04:11 PM

Its well in the 100's over there , trust me to be going during the hottest months too......Think I will seriously have to think of buying a hat!:rolleyes:
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2009, 06:04 PM

I've been to Stockholm - love it! Thanks for sharing those pics DM!

Oh, and I've fixed the image limit -should be 50 now

Have fun in Houston Moli!
Vicki
Croydon, Surrey
Vicki is female 

08-08-2009, 09:59 PM

New York was the last one. Didn't enjoy it as much as the year before. Shouldn't have gone two years running. I was also very, very homesick....... I put that down to my age
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2009, 08:49 PM

Our last holiday was to North Devon Nr Bideford
A few piccies
Lynmouth

Illfracombe

Hartland Quay

Coombe Martin

Sue
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2009, 09:28 PM

Stunning pics Sue, North Devon is more rugged than South Devon isn't it ..... extremely scenic though.

Do you remember many years ago when there were floods in Lynmouth and many lives were lost? It must have been horrifying to see torrents of water rushing through the little town....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top