Join for free
Jazzi
Chatterbox
London
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2015, 04:39 PM

America's West Coast

Just seen a fab holiday in the Mail Travel supplement and I even went as far as phoning the given number, to enquire, but offices are closed.

It's as it says on the tin...West Coast , taking in Frisco (not been and would love to see it), LA, Vegas, Grand Canyon and San Diego. I did a trip to California years ago, taking in all said places and would love to go back! The price for a single traveller is 2168, and for 3 extra tours (1 being copter trip over G. Canyon - I went by plane last time) it'll be another 203. Total 2371. Added to this will be insurance, meals, spends and tips. Phew.

What am I looking at? 4000?? Maybe?

This is for 31 August departure, and will mean I am away for my birthday, which is intentional.

I have a few days to think about it till office opens Monday!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2015, 04:49 PM

Re: America's West Coast

Oh I would go if I could - hope you can go there, trip of a lifetime
Jazzi
Chatterbox
London
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2015, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Oh I would go if I could - hope you can go there, trip of a lifetime
My new camera would be working overtime, that's for sure! Photographic memories of my last trip are poor efforts (crap camera at the time). I think it was in the 70s that I went. Las Vegas was a single strip!!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2015, 05:00 PM

Wow yea Look forward to those shots Jazzi
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2015, 06:03 PM

Looking for a bagman Jazzi? ...
Jazzi
Chatterbox
London

20-06-2015, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Looking for a bagman Jazzi? ...
Yeah, that'll be good! You're hired.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2015, 05:02 PM

Never been as far as the west coast, but been to the East & mid-America quite a few times. I've got an old school friend who now lives in Nevada - maybe I'll get to see him some time. Elder daughter has been to San Francisco on business, but she's not at all keen on long haul flights.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top